Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering KST mayhem tomorrow PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 PM
BrysZ
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ordering KST mayhem tomorrow PLEASE HELP!

I am torn between the 10"or the 12" rise! I ride a 2012 street glide and I don't want to be a lot over the fairing with my hands yet I don't want to be one of those guys wishing they went higher. Any advice? Can any one tell me the true rise of these bars? I wish that there was more of a standard measurement between manufacturers. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you, Bryan

Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

U will hear that 12s measure 14 and that's true to an extent..the bars have the point at the top right?from that point to the bottom it measures 14..from the grip to bottom it's 12..if u don't want your hands above the fairing go with 10..in one of your other 5 threads about bars I posted a pic of my bike with 14s..check it out again

Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 PM
BrysZ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
U will hear that 12s measure 14 and that's true just liveto an extent..the bars have the point at the top right?from that point to the bottom it myou are so put puteasures 14..from the grip to bottom it's 12..if u don't want your hands above the fairing go with 10..in one of your other 5 threads about bars I posted a pic of my bike with 14s..check it out again
I looked at your bike and numerous other pics. I see many different heights. I just love you guys that respond in seconds hanging out on the internet all night but then act like you are so put out by having to help out a poor idiot like me. Do me a favor and don't respond. I'd rather get zero responses than inconvenience you. I'm sorry my five threads about bars pisses you off.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Lmao ur posts doesn't **** me off..you will see soon enough that sometimes you need thick skin on here.your asking the same question that gets asked all the time..and we answer them all the time just like u will if u stay around..if people were not on here answering questions you wouldn't have any answers to the things you seek to find out..so pull the stick out of ur *** and be happy that someone responded to your question with an accurate answer...and please please please make sure you give a timely response when 43 other people asks the same questions you do in the coming weeks and I'm sorry that you can't can't sense a lilttle fun sarcasm via txt buddy

Last edited by decencyxdefied; 03-05-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:04 PM
toddjsn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too was torn between 10 and 12 since KST are 10.75. I went with those since it's almost in the middle. Here's a pic.

Ordering KST mayhem tomorrow PLEASE HELP!-image-3032617498.jpg

Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Lmao ur posts doesn't **** me off..you will see soon enough that sometimes you need thick skin on here.your asking the same question that gets asked all the time..and we answer them all the time just like u will if u stay around..if people were not on here answering questions you wouldn't have any answers to the things you seek to find out..so pull the stick out of ur *** and be happy that someone responded to your question with an accurate answer...and please please please make sure you give a timely responses when 43 other people asks the same questions you do in the coming and I'm sorry that you can't can't sense a lilttle fun sarcasm via txt buddy
And this is the very reason I refused to give a response to this Jackwads questions. OP once you narrow down what it is that you want, do some research here and I'm sure you can find out the answers you seek. I just don't understand the need to start thread after thread asking questions before you do your homework.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 03-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Murderface
Tourer

Your height and reach are a big factor here. Rise of the bars is actually pretty standard across the major brands. The reason you are seeing different heights in other bars is because of the pull back of different riders' bar position. If you want to ensure your bars will never be over the fairing, go 10". If you're a shorter guy and you will end up pulling the bars back towards your riding position, then you can maybe get away with 12" and still keep your hands behind some fairing. Im sure a lot of people have said this, and its true. I would recommend you go for comfort and not worry so much about the fairing.

Personally, I just bought 12" bars because I like the look, I know i will pull them back some, and having my hands a little in the wind won't bother me as much as my sore back and shoulders when using stock bars.

And decencyxdefied makes good points all around. Thick skin is needed man. Take the advice, limit your threads, and keep learning. Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:12 PM
BrysZ
Cruiser

[QUOpointTE=decencyxdefied;13775168]Lmao ur posts doesn't **** me off..you will see soon enough that sometimes you need thick skin on here.your asking the same question that gets asked all the time..and we answer them all the time just like u will if u stay around..if people were not on here answering questions you wouldn't have any answers to the things you seek to find out..so pull the stick out of ur *** and be happy that someone responded to your question with an accurate answer...and please please please make sure you give a timely responses when 43 other people asks the same questions you do in the coming and I'm sorry that you can't can't sense a lilttle fun sarcasm via txt buddy[/QUOTE]

Okay point well taken. It's late I worked two jobs and I'm dead beat. Thank you for your help. FYI...I have been searching and reading a ton. I didn't just post a thread wanting someone to hand me an answer cause I'm to damn lazy to search. I have been a member since 2009 but I rarely post cause I search for my info. I have looked at a crap load of pics. I guess I'm still not convinced I know which rise I would like. Looking for that laxst bit of info that will get me off the fence. I apologIze for my earlier reply.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
BrysZ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
And this is the very reason I refused to give a response to this Jackwads questions. OP once you narrow down what it is that you want, do some research here and I'm sure you can find out the answers you seek. I just don't understand the need to start thread after thread asking questions before you do your homework.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!
Takes a real man to call someone names over the internet... to funny

Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 PM
toddjsn
Intermediate

Another pic since for some reason I can only attach one.

Ordering KST mayhem tomorrow PLEASE HELP!-image-1257749201.jpg

Quick Reply: Ordering KST mayhem tomorrow PLEASE HELP!