Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deepest Exhaust... Rineharts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:34 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Must just be me and a few old outlaws running Thunderheaders. Mine are black and sound as good as any I've heard. Subjective? Hell yes, about everything.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:00 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Must just be me and a few old outlaws running Thunderheaders. Mine are black and sound as good as any I've heard. Subjective? Hell yes, about everything.
I had a Thunderheader, it was ok.

That doesn't look like a TH in your sig-pic.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:57 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by nuttbaggerr
Another vote for RCXs, tho I'm not a particular brand fanboy. I have black 4" slip-ons on my '15 RGS, my bro has 4" Rineharts slip-ons on his '14 SGS, both bikes have stock headers with cats. He thinks my bike sounds deeper, I think his bike sounds deeper. RCXs were about $100 cheaper, both are equal in quality. I know for sure that my bike is not obnoxious at 70~80mph, but when I crack the throttle 2 gears down from cruising in 6th it barks with substantial authority I can't wait till I can install true dual headers one day for more performance and even better tone
Those RCX slipons do look pretty nice.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:20 AM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Had Rinehart Duals thought they sounded good deep rumble. Switched to Rush Duals and CFR's, deepest sounding there is but crisp. You can't even compare Rineharts to CFR's. Didn't have much more in the duals and CFR's than any other decent system. $370 for Rush ceramic coated true duals and $675 for CFR's. But if you don't like loud don't get CFR's they do bark.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 AM
trucker7775
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mgs

I just switched from rush 3.5" with a 2.25" baffle to a set of MGS slip ons with the loud baffle. All I can say is they are deep. You can feel it in your chest at idle and they will bark under acceleration. Interesting thing is at 70 or just cruising they are much more quiet than the rush. I love them. I bought a B set and could not find one thing wrong with them. Best 300 bucks I have spent. This is on a 09 Ultra with stock head pipe

Old 03-29-2015, 09:20 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Star
I am not stuck on Rineharts. The Big Louies, Jackpots or Rush would probably work for me. I am looking for the most economically priced slipons and dual head pipes.

Also, I don't want LOUD, just a nice deep rumble when pulling away from a light, and a good loud growl when opened up.

Freedom Performance might be a good option.
My setup may not be the most economical solution, but I was looking for the same thing as you. I went with Vance & Hines OS450 And Power Duals. Great low rumble, sounds great when you get on it, but not stupid loud at speed.

Last edited by baldguy13; 03-29-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Joeallev972
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too loud..

Ended up putting VH Dresser duals and CFR's on my bike,i like how it sounds but I'm waiting for complaints from the HOA about 4:15am going to work start ups.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:50 AM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I'll show you some pics of my old 4" Rineharts that I had on less than a year, warranty wasn't covered because the chrome doesn't effect performance. They did sound great!
Last time I'll buy Rineharts, my first set was 3.5 extreme true duals and the heat shields on the head pipe did the same thing but those mufflers still looked great. These are the 4" Rineharts with V&H dresser duals both installed the same day.
I have 4" Rineharts and kept hearing a rattling sound at idle. Last time I cleaned the bike I noticed the baffle in the right pipe would turn, so I decided to pull out the baffle for a look. While removing the baffle some rust chips came out and after reaching in the pipe to clean it out I ended up with a handful of them! Repeated the same for the left pipe and cleaned out about 1/2 as much.

Attached Thumbnails Deepest Exhaust... Rineharts?-image.jpg  
Old 03-29-2015, 01:04 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I had V&H slash cut slip-on's on my old 2000 Ultra for many years and replaced the baffles once.

With the '13 CVO, I went with the Rinehart XT True Duals w/4" mufflers when I had it dynode.
At times, I'd like them to be a bit louder, and I thought about installing the "Performance Baffles", but once I start cruising they're just fine, and in fact, a bit too loud when I wear a modular FF helmet.
Seems like the exhausts are right next to my ears!

Old 03-29-2015, 02:33 PM
DGRF250
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4" Rush Big Louis, 2 3/4 baffles. Deep and awesome

Quick Reply: Deepest Exhaust... Rineharts?