Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deepest Exhaust... Rineharts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rinehart's used to be my favorite. I worked in sales at a local Harley dealer for a short stint when I was in between jobs a couple years ago, so needless to say I got to hear a hundred and one different combos of exhaust systems. One afternoon I heard something in service start up that I thought for certain was a 427 Shelby Cobra. I was surprised to see that it was a Road King with CFRs. I put them on my Glide a few weeks later, and there they'll stay until I hear something else I like better.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like my 4" Rineharts. Real deep at idle, great sound quality when you open it up- loud but not obnoxious at all. Makes it really sound like a Harley, which is what I like, well since it's a Harley- not a race car. Most of the quality issues were with the older 3.5" version.

Even so like most of us here, I might want to change slip ons for no good reason. Been lookiing hard at the Bassani DNT's as well, but I have to make sure they don't hurt performance.

Speaking of that, if people care about a loss of low end torque, be careful what you chose. A 2.25" baffle is the max most bikes should go before they lose the low end torque (2" is ideal for stock to Stage I HD's IMO), yet the RCX's have 2.50" baffles, and the new Cobra's and some V&H actually have 3" baffles, which although the pipe mfg's don't come out and say it, are that big because they are meant to run on catted headpipes. When you run them on de-catted headpipes, they are too open and you won't have enough backpressure and will have too much reversion.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:21 PM
xprmntl1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard a whole lot of different exhausts, but after listening to a few in person and on youtube, I went with Kerker Stouts, in my opinion they are very deep and have a good sound.