Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Defective Dunlop

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:28 AM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

You all could do what I did. The POS dunflops come off BEFORE I'll take delivery of the new scoot! If they balk at that, find another dealer! It's either Michelins or Metzlers (prefered) for me. I've bought 6 new bikes from my dealer. The salesmen and manager KNOW that's coming before I'll take delivery.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll be at the mercy of the dealer more than likely. I had a new American Elete set I installed just before bike week. The front bounced after install, had reblanced twice at different shops before being shown out of round. So I took a chance and rode (bounced) 620 miles to bike week and went to J&P where I has ordered the tires online and was refered to Dunlop at the speedway tent. Just so happened J&P was set up installing tires across from Dunlop and rep was able to varify and replace. J&P balked.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:57 AM
bundy43
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Check you warranty card,should of not cost anything.under TWW

Old 03-27-2015, 06:12 AM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Still waiting. Heard nothing all day yesterday. Stopped by dealer on way home from work and bike is sitting on lift untouched. Guy in service says that Jay, the guy who said he thought the tire was cut and was questioning me about air in shocks and if I had been riding two-up, is their warranty guy. Supposedly, he is waiting on an ok from somebody to decide if the tire is defective or not. He had already left for the day. Going back this morning to talk to Jay. I find it hard to believe that a dealership cannot make a call on something as simple as tire warranty.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:02 AM
e.nigma
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had 2 Dunlops develop splits diagonally across the tread that I first thought were razor cuts.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ive had 3 front tire defects (sidewalls cracking) and one rear tire cupping severely after 2000 miles on it. All replaced by Dunlop. I would switch brands (love Metzler) but the problem is getting a matching tire on the road. My experience is that most dealers only have Dunlops.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lazybee
Still waiting. Heard nothing all day yesterday. Stopped by dealer on way home from work and bike is sitting on lift untouched. Guy in service says that Jay, the guy who said he thought the tire was cut and was questioning me about air in shocks and if I had been riding two-up, is their warranty guy. Supposedly, he is waiting on an ok from somebody to decide if the tire is defective or not. He had already left for the day. Going back this morning to talk to Jay. I find it hard to believe that a dealership cannot make a call on something as simple as tire warranty.
I had an issue on my last bike with the front tire cracking. Email Dunlop pictures of your tire along with the build date codes on the side and mileage. Dealer gave me the run around also, a few emails to Dunlop and he mailed me an authorization letter stating that Dunlop would foot the bill. Make sure you tell them the dealer name and person that is giving you chit. I took that to the dealer for a replacement and I ended up trading my bike for a 14 limited. Dealer replaced the tire on my old bike before it got sold. Here is a link for Dunlop, click the "contact us" at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps brother.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/info...warranty-info/

Last edited by my67pnycar; 03-27-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:49 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dealer called today and says full warranty replacement.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:55 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lazybee
Dealer called today and says full warranty replacement.
Glad you got it taken care of

Old 04-08-2015, 09:05 PM
jddaniel
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Dunlop is replacing my Front tire (American Elite) due to side wall cracking. I didn't notice the cracks until I got the bike up on the lift and really inspected the tire. I will be inspecting my tires more closely in the future.

Quick Reply: New Defective Dunlop