Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freedom Performance union 2 into 1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 03:20 PM
RC07ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freedom Performance union 2 into 1 exhaust

Is anyone running a Freedom Performance 2 into 1 on their bagger ?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:03 PM
MYFLTRX
Intermediate

I've been running it for about 20,000 miles. I do have the quiet baffle in mine only because with the louvered open baffle that it came with I felt it stumbled a bit on the low end. It was also like a straight pipe with the original baffle. Very pleased with the overall quality of the product too. I am going to sell mine but it's getting replaced with more Freedom Performance products!!

Old 03-20-2015, 09:49 AM
RC07ultra
Cruiser

Thanks for the info. Just installed on my 07 ultra with cam upgrade haven't rode any distance yet, had low dyno numbers they said they never seen this pipe before thought it may be the cause for low power gain, I don't think that's the problem. I was thinking about getting the quiet baffle mainly to keep peace in the neighborhood when I leave for work @ 3:30am but if helps with low end that a better reason to do it.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 PM
MYFLTRX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RC07ultra
Thanks for the info. Just installed on my 07 ultra with cam upgrade haven't rode any distance yet, had low dyno numbers they said they never seen this pipe before thought it may be the cause for low power gain, I don't think that's the problem. I was thinking about getting the quiet baffle mainly to keep peace in the neighborhood when I leave for work @ 3:30am but if helps with low end that a better reason to do it.
Not gonna lie, the quiet baffle, I used to come home about 1:00am every night. I live on a big hill, the only way up is on the throttle!!😝

Old 07-24-2016, 12:56 AM
ScrapingFloorBoards
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread is a little older but I'm looking at this exhaust and want to know weather you found the cause of the dip and what you thing of the pipe now that you've had it for a while? Thanks

Old 07-24-2016, 10:30 AM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ScrapingFloorBoards
I know this thread is a little older but I'm looking at this exhaust and want to know weather you found the cause of the dip and what you thing of the pipe now that you've had it for a while? Thanks
I'm curious to know about the dip too. I'm looking at 2:1 exhausts for my '14 Road King (Dragula 2, Freedom). I just purchased the Dynojet PV-2. Is there a good map/tune for this exhaust for a Stage 1 set-up?

Also, I don't mind if the exhaust is a little loud, provided it's overall tone in deep, and not raspy or obnoxious. I don't listen to music when riding, so a little loud doesn't bother me unless it's an annoying drone or raspy. In other words, would you mind riding behind someone running the louvered open baffle? Is the louvered open baffle too loud? Is it a given that the louvered open baffle will have a torque dip with a Stage 1, 103 c.i. HO motor?

In terms of sound level, how does the quiet baffle compare to the stock exhaust, and the louvered open baffle?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm going to do some internet searches for youtubes and dyno graphs of these pipes.

Thanks all...

Old 07-24-2016, 05:43 PM
ScrapingFloorBoards
Cruiser

Here's a good sound clip. I haven't been able to find any dyno graphs. I did find a post that compared 2 identical bikes one with the union and the other with the fat cat. It didn't describe any difference in the curve but did say they were within 2 to 3 hp/tq of each other.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:45 PM
ScrapingFloorBoards
Cruiser

I'm also wondering if this pipe has 18mm o2 bungs. Any input is appreciated.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:46 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey SFB,

Thanks for the reply. After posting my questions yesterday, I did an internet search and found the same YouTube for the Freedom 2:1, and the FatCat vs Freedom Torque/HP comparison. Not much else on the net regarding this exhaust.

I did find info on one of the vendor websites (Dennis Kirk?), that indicated the 'Touring' version of the Freedom 2:1 exhaust have both the 12mm and 18mm bungs and plugs. I wasn't able to confirm this on Freedom's website however. Both bungs would be optimal, just in case I ever need to have it dyno'd (18 mm wide-band sensors).

If the Freedom exhaust sounds like the YouTube link you provided, I'm liking it a lot. I assume the bike in the vid has the standard louvered open baffles, and not the 'quiet' baffle. While YouTube and laptop speakers are not the best way evaluate sound, the Freedom 2:1 seems to have a deeper/ slightly louder exhaust tone compared to the Dragula 2 vids I've seen...again, not a good comparison via YouTube. While the Dragula 2 is approx. $100+ more, the Dragula warranty is better/longer, and I've found a few dyno runs posted on the net to get an idea how the Dragula 2 perform. Also, I understand Drago will provide a starting map their exhaust.

Hopefully we'll get more feedback from forumites running the Freedom 2:1...

Thanks

Old 07-25-2016, 02:03 PM
ScrapingFloorBoards
Cruiser

Good looking out Heavy,

I ordered it! Should be here in a week. Then I'll be getting it dynoed within 2 weeks. I'll post the sheet ASAP. I'm pretty stoked! I think it's a great looking pipe and the sound from what I can tell is exactly what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Freedom Performance union 2 into 1 exhaust