Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Inner Fairing Rejuvenator

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

PIGSPIT! I've used Armour All, Back to Black, ReNew and Pigspit is the king! You can buy it from Dealers or on Amazon as well.

http://www.pigspit.com/

The following users liked this post:
Thor (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 AM
SG09RIDER
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The 303 Protectant helped a lot more than Armor All, but it didn't totally bring back the front edges of the fairing. I'll try the Mothers stuff next.

Thor (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 09:11 AM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only one I tried was the Back to Black and it didn't last long. It seems that the trick is to use some sort of protector on it to prevent it from turning white. Would any of us buy a new Harley and never wax it? The point is, any surface will go south if never protected. The same applies to the inner fairing. Once it turns, paint seems to be the only permanent solution. Or, buy a new one like I did.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Munkee
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before I got my inner painted I was using car pro perl. I use it for my car and figured I'd give it a shot. Worked great! It was really faded and spotty looking and brought it back.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:01 AM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,250 Likes on 6,010 Posts

I use Maguiars dash wipes. have tried ArmorAll in the past with poor results. The Maguiars works well, no fading, black finish, no discoloration. I'm happy!

Thor (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

If the rejuvinator that you use on the inner faring contains silicone or a silicone derivative and then sometime down the road you decide that you would like to get the inner fairing painted the painter will have all kinds of problems with both the primer and the color coat adhering to the inners surface.

Thor (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 02:52 AM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whyrzwaldo
I cannot vouch for the HD branded rejuvenator as I've never used it, I imagine it is the same stuff you can get anywhere with a HD logo and a higher price, That being said I can vouch for "Mothers Back to Black" available just about anywhere where they sell automotive stuff. It does a good job but the effects are only temporary and you have to keep at it to keep it looking good. But as someone posted, "$" for the temp fix or "$$$" for a inner fairing paint job. My pockets can only afford the temp fix for now!
Originally Posted by flhchaz
Mother's Back-To-Black works great on inner fairings. I've been using it for years...
Cool, I'll try that before laying the big bucks out for HD branded stuff.

Originally Posted by craigffb
Yep still happy with it. I've only had to put it on one time so far. I'm sure once summer rolls around and the sun is out more I'll have to redo it. I don't have any pics of it but you probably wouldn't be able to tell anything unless you looked at it half way done.
Thanks Craigffb!

Originally Posted by Dguy
PIGSPIT! I've used Armour All, Back to Black, ReNew and Pigspit is the king! You can buy it from Dealers or on Amazon as well.

I'll keep that in mind too...one of our local shops carries Pigsnot

Originally Posted by SG09RIDER
The 303 Protectant helped a lot more than Armor All, but it didn't totally bring back the front edges of the fairing. I'll try the Mothers stuff next.
yeah, I'm a big fan of 303...use it on bike, hot tub, cage...stuff is outstanding.

Originally Posted by Munkee
Before I got my inner painted I was using car pro perl. I use it for my car and figured I'd give it a shot. Worked great! It was really faded and spotty looking and brought it back.
I'll look around for it.

Thanks all for the tips. I know prevention is better, but can't control what 1st owner did (he was like me...stayed on top of maintenance & mechanical stuff, could probably have done better as far as appearance-related stuff), and I'm not the best at washing and wiping when I could be riding. I go out to wash it, go to pull out on to lawn, and several hours & 100 miles later realize I never turned hose on LOL.

Last edited by Thor; 04-29-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
STA-BIL®
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor
Not a fan of Armor All at all...dont like the slickness it leaves. I actually use 303 Protectant by 3M. can use it on inner fairing, seats, etc without having to worry about sliding off.

That being said, all the time it spends outside in the sun (and with PO, who didnt use 303 on the plastics) left a spot around outer edge of fairing on Right side that I'd live to try the Rejuv stuff on
Hey Thor,

Thanks for sharing your experience using our 303® Protectant! Just wanted to let you know that 303® Brand is manufactured by Gold Eagle Co., which is located in Chicago, Illinois. 303® Protectant can be used on plastic, vinyl, rubber, etc. as well as many other surfaces to help with UV protection. If you are looking for a product to help protect painted surfaces, we would recommend the 303® Speed Detailer, which has UV protection as well. If you have any questions, please contact us or send us a PM!

Have a great day!

Old 05-05-2016, 02:30 AM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STA-BIL®
Hey Thor,

Thanks for sharing your experience using our 303® Protectant! Just wanted to let you know that 303® Brand is manufactured by Gold Eagle Co., which is located in Chicago, Illinois. 303® Protectant can be used on plastic, vinyl, rubber, etc. as well as many other surfaces to help with UV protection. If you are looking for a product to help protect painted surfaces, we would recommend the 303® Speed Detailer, which has UV protection as well. If you have any questions, please contact us or send us a PM!

Have a great day!
Yessir! Didn't occur to me that their company was on here...just sharing good experiences (too many folks only talk about products if they're complaining...I try to do opposite). Did know about Gold Eagle. I got a sample of the Speed Detailer at the last Philly Auto show, a big fan of that as well as the Multi-Surface Cleaner (didn't get sample of the cleaner, but saw a decent demo at the auto show), I'll be ordering both of those next time I restock on the Protectant (as often as I use it, shouldn't be too long...seat, dash, tires, fender bras when on in winter. Keeps them looking new).

Very happy with Sta-Bil as well....bike is never parked long enough to need it, but my truck, generator, and lawn equipment always have it in the tank

Have a great day as well!

Originally Posted by Dguy

Ordered some Pigspit today...when I asked around on some other pages I am on, heard plenty of good, so I figured I'd keep a bottle handy. Thanks Dguy!

Last edited by Thor; 05-05-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:36 PM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Two comments:
My inner faring is fading out badly on top - will this help?

I bought "wipe new" stuff as seen on TV (they now sell at Wally World and CVS. This stuff is truly amazing. Put in on my truck which sits outside and it did bring back the black rubber stuff to almost new. Used in in places on all my toys and it does make a difference. Still hanging in there well after 6 month.

I am looking for a solution to the fading to white problem

Quick Reply: Black Inner Fairing Rejuvenator