Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious about Crusher Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:09 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Curious about Crusher Mufflers

Im Curious about the Crusher and Crusher Mellow Mufflers. For those that have heard them how do they sound in comparison to Monster rounds or Stock mufflers or some other muffler I can relate to.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:56 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run crusher's with dresser duals on my 09 ultra with 253 cams and think they are one of the best sounding out there. I also have a set of thunderheader slipons I run which sound good but are a little louder than I like on the long runs. Sound, like music, is magic to some and just noise to somebody else. Best thing to do is go to a bike night or sit around a dealership till you hear the music and find out what they're running. That's how I decided what I wanted.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 PM
717rfulton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang ultra...how do you manage to start my threads before I do? LoL. Well I will inform you when my show up. Just ordered a mellow slip stream set today. Hope there are better then there monster ovals I had.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:29 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran monster rounds on a couple of bikes. Liked the low rumble but on long rides they seem to drone and are a bit loud for me

Old 03-27-2015, 06:54 AM
717rfulton
Cruiser

Yes I have been fighting the drone when just cruising around 40 to 60 mph. I also ride 2 up with a small dog about 95% of the time so I think the extra load on the motor is my issue. I have had and sold 4 inch rhineharts, v&h monster ovals, so for the only one that hasent been to bad was the ruch 3 1/2 inch with 1 3/4 baffles, the trade is the are louder in pitch and they bark pretty good when hammering on it. I'm hoping with the cam change I'm doing now it with change my torque band so I no long have the lugging drone. O and that was with the rush true duel headers and the jackpots, now I have the rush HO header I am installing once I get the cams in. Rick

Old 03-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

I have regular Crushers (not mellow) with dresser duals. Very happy with the sound. I dont know how they compare to monster rounds, however.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:33 AM
NECaveman
Tourer
Talking

I have the Kuryakyn Crusher Mellows on my 2014 RK. I pushed the RK out the HD door with a stage 1 kit, Fulsac CX header (Retain the HD crossover pipe), Crusher Mellows, and SEPST with a cann map upload. To me, the Crusher Mellows are the best sounding pipes I have heard. The mufflers change the tone of the HD thump thump into a more mellow, smoother, and deeper sound, and quiet enough I would say they are stereo friendly. No droning.

My wife rides with me sometimes and she says the pipes sound okay, the sound is acceptable to her. Get into the throttle and they do sound off a bit, but still quiet compared to what we say is a loud muffler. I had a 2009 SG with stock and HD SE Street Performance mufflers design on the quiet side and stereo friendly. Compared to stock muffler the Crusher Mellows are a definite improvement for sound, somewhat louder and enjoyable. Compared to the HD SE Street Performance mufflers I would say the Crusher Mellows are an entirely different tone that sounds way better and a bit quieter.

The Crusher Mellows are on the pricey side compared to other name brands. I glad I have them on the RK and no intention to change them out.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:08 PM
717rfulton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NECaveman
I have the Kuryakyn Crusher Mellows on my 2014 RK. I pushed the RK out the HD door with a stage 1 kit, Fulsac CX header (Retain the HD crossover pipe), Crusher Mellows, and SEPST with a cann map upload. To me, the Crusher Mellows are the best sounding pipes I have heard. The mufflers change the tone of the HD thump thump into a more mellow, smoother, and deeper sound, and quiet enough I would say they are stereo friendly. No droning.

My wife rides with me sometimes and she says the pipes sound okay, the sound is acceptable to her. Get into the throttle and they do sound off a bit, but still quiet compared to what we say is a loud muffler. I had a 2009 SG with stock and HD SE Street Performance mufflers design on the quiet side and stereo friendly. Compared to stock muffler the Crusher Mellows are a definite improvement for sound, somewhat louder and enjoyable. Compared to the HD SE Street Performance mufflers I would say the Crusher Mellows are an entirely different tone that sounds way better and a bit quieter.

The Crusher Mellows are on the pricey side compared to other name brands. I glad I have them on the RK and no intention to change them out.
Did you have any sealing issues with them at the head pipes? Mine came in today and I cannot get the right side to seal for crap, this is just looking through it, can't start it yet as I'm waiting for my push rods to show up. I believe it is screwed up from manufacturing. If I shine my light into the muffler I can still see light through the split under the clamp. So I know darn well exhaust will come out. I had that issue one other time with the v&h ovals. I wonder if they make these for kuryakyn.

Last edited by 717rfulton; 03-28-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:56 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

717rfulton - You say you see light through through the slit under the clamp. With the muffler installed correctly onto the head pipe you should not be able to see light through the slit. Do you have the muffler pushed far enough onto the head pipe? Compare and measure both mufflers and see if both are installed an equal length compared to the fender tip or some other part on the rear of the bike.

Last edited by NECaveman; 03-28-2015 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:59 PM
717rfulton
Cruiser

O yeah. Its on all the way. Header it about 1 inch past the cuts into the muffler . I've installed my share out slip ons thats for sure. lol... Seems like the ones that only have the 2 cuts instead of 4 never seem seal the best. They do look good tho header is rush high output and clamps are all new too.

Last edited by 717rfulton; 03-28-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Curious about Crusher Mufflers