Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...

Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 AM
bobx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kj68 - which ones did you use from bigcity?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
jjkrueg
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Watching this thread closely. Love the sound with stock headers but plan on adding the Fuel Moto headers and Power Vision. I understand it will be louder but much louder has me nervous. Worse case I could change out mufflers but these Street Cannons are just about the perfect decibal for me.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 PM
kj68
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bobx67
kj68 - which ones did you use from bigcity?
It was either the 1625 or the 1750. Just call them and they can tell you which one will fit your head pipe. They're very helpful.
Kj

Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 PM
bobx67
Cruiser

thanks.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Baffle update

So I went the old-school dirt bike route to start with. Got a couple sheets of FMF packing. Between 1/2 and 3/4 inches thick 15X18 inch sheet. Used one per can, wrapped it tight and electrical tape it in place. First ride...short, no time, ugh...liking the sound so far...mellowed them a bit. I'll post more after a longer ride...$20/20 minutes

Old 04-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Harley Convert
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a timely thread. The previous owner of my bike put on V&H dresser duals with V&H slipons. I thought it was too loud. I purchased SE Street cannons because I like how they sound on my cousins Street Glide. What I didn't realize that they don't sound the same when there's no cat in the head pipe.

Holy cow these street cannons are annoying. Thinking of going with the Big City baffles that were suggested earlier in the thread.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:33 AM
bobx67
Cruiser

"Holy cow these street cannons are annoying. Thinking of going with the Big City baffles that were suggested earlier in the thread"

im in the same postition. gutted cat and sc mufflers. i havent gotten to ride it or really hear it yet, only started it up for a minute in the shop.

seems people either love or hate the sound of the sc w no cat.

post up what you do.

thanks.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:51 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser

As an FYI...because I've been inside the SC's...what I found was the the baffle packing is more like a bag with fairly loose fill in it. And, as expected, where the bag met the core there was no bag and the end of the right-hand bag wasn't burnt to a crisp but was noticeably crispier that the rest of both baffles. I attribute this to running the cans on the stock heard for 4-5k miles.
I'd chatted with Big City and like the idea and may end up going that route eventually but went with what I was pretty positive would work from the start and gives me a small measure of adjustability...I can always add more packing if I want...

Old 04-01-2015, 02:51 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mhsmith451
As an FYI...because I've been inside the SC's...what I found was the the baffle packing is more like a bag with fairly loose fill in it. And, as expected, where the bag met the core there was no bag and the end of the right-hand bag wasn't burnt to a crisp but was noticeably crispier that the rest of both baffles. I attribute this to running the cans on the stock heard for 4-5k miles.
I'd chatted with Big City and like the idea and may end up going that route eventually but went with what I was pretty positive would work from the start and gives me a small measure of adjustability...I can always add more packing if I want...

So how is the sound with the new packing - did you regain that deep tone that existed with the cats? What's the sound lever like compared to the HD packing with and/or without the cat?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:32 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser

The tone, from the short ride I mentioned above, is much much closer to how they sounded with the cat. Maybe a little louder when gettin on it, but pleasant. As a comparison, I'd put the stock cans on with the new headers...right there,as expected, next to Honda quiet. The SC's are now, with the new packing between that and the obnoxious sound of the original baffle material. I'll know more hopefully this weekend if the weather picks up as expected and will update.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...