Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you guys think changing to a different style end cap will make any difference in sound. I can't help but think that the revolver style that I have on there now acts like a megaphone and amplifies the noise.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser

I finally shut up the Street Cannons. I just welded a 3"x2" pipe to the center of the end cap and it finally got rid of the obnoxious high pitched noise of these mufflers but still maintains a great low rumble. Now I just have to paint it black.

Funny thing is, it's exactly how the CVO exhaust is.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:43 PM
bobx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting

Old 04-04-2015, 07:52 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley Convert
I finally shut up the Street Cannons. I just welded a 3"x2" pipe to the center of the end cap and it finally got rid of the obnoxious high pitched noise of these mufflers but still maintains a great low rumble. Now I just have to paint it black.

Is this intended to address the quality of the sound, quantity or both? No cat right?

Old 04-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser

Right. No cats in the head pipe gave the mufflers a high pitch bark which is very annoying on the highway.

I took the end caps completely off and I loved the way the mufflers sounded but hated the unfinished look. This solution gives me the best of both worlds.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:45 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Right. No cats in the head pipe gave the mufflers a high pitch bark which is very annoying on the highway.

I took the end caps completely off and I loved the way the mufflers sounded but hated the unfinished look. This solution gives me the best of both worlds.
Funny - read your post yesterday and didn't really think it would change much but good way to find out it pull off the caps and see - guess I was wrong. Odd that it all comes down to end caps - Makes me wonder if your mod and the repack job someone else did would bring them back near the sound with the cats in place.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:59 AM
mhsmith451
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new packing update...

Went for about 150 mi ride yesterday, with the missus on the back, mostly low-highway-speed back roads (50-65mph), The new packing, after the initial tape burn off, produced just about a perfect sound...both quality and quantity. Barks a bit when getting on it but is pleasantly unobtrusive at constant speeds, either slow or fast making it easy to putt through a neighborhood or hear the stereo at speed.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Subscribed. Really interested in the SC "catted" sound with a "no cat" head pipe.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:25 PM
BTFD55
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if the New Short Slash End Caps would do about the same as your mod?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/-pa-06-65100062--1

Old 07-06-2015, 12:22 AM
joenash
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know , I like having the street canons on my bike they look good, and are not too loud even with out the cat, I have a fuel moto head pipe on the bike. it is a little louder with no cat but not bad cruising.
I like it cause it don't sound like every other bike out their , everyone else has Vance and Hines or Reinhardt mufflers.
That is why I Personalized my Bike to be different.

Quick Reply: Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...