Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:07 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...

All,
Here it is...I have a 14 ultra. Have Street Cannons with about 5k on them from the stock header. Got tired of a medium-rare right lower leg and foot. Installed Cobra Powerport header and tuned with sepst and my tune ( have big sucker installed as well). The sound of the SC's at idle is Ok and they most assuredly bark while getting on it but....and maybe I'm getting old...the sound is just a little bit too close to obnoxious for me.

As an experiment I've taken off the SC's and put on the stock cans...they're a little too far away from obnoxious..... Louder than original stock but not much.

I've taken apart the SC's...really easy to do...take off end caps, remove from bike, remove torx safety screws, 2 per can, hold the can vertical with big end down and tap with a piece of wood around circumference of big end and baffle begins to slip out...nudge a little, pull out perf core, then gently work baffle material out around the ScreaminEagle name plate rivets...

I'm really looking for what I can do with the SC's to mellow them out a bit as I want sound between the stock cans and the SC's with the Powerflow header......I'll try to post some pics of the taken apart SC's.. Any ideas??

Attached Thumbnails Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...-img_20150329_121407.jpg   Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...-img_20150329_121302.jpg  

Last edited by mhsmith451; 03-29-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts
Old 03-29-2015, 01:28 PM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

That packing looks like a loose fit. I've run this techmat on 2 different baffles and it works well. Wrap it tight with as much as you can.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1416130...lpid=82&chn=ps

Old 03-29-2015, 01:48 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

I've seen people weld a washer to an winged nut and bolt it into the pipe so it breaks up the flow. Small hole in the baffle for a bolt and you would be able to do the same thing. Could expirement with different size washers to get the sound you like.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got screaming eagle mufflers I bought off a member here. The sound was too quiet, so I ordered baffle parts from fullsac. For me, the 2" core worked out good, little louder at idle an takeoff, but not too bad at speed. I still haven't been able to go for a long ride because of the cold and rain, so can't comment on whether or not it's gonna bother me. If you can weld or have someone do it for you, that is an option. They do have a cvo baffles that might work, if you still have your baffles out, you could call them to get dimensions for comparison to yours. Now my SE mufflers had sheet fiberglass material that was held against the body of the muffler with metal screen, fullsac recommends this and sells a screen material that can do just that. I believe that it cancels out the higher frequency tinny sound you can get from some slip ons.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:27 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser

Thanks for the suggestions all. I think I'm going to attempt a repack first, then consider the lollipop pop idea. I'm also going to reach out to fullsac and a couple others to see if anyone is making new cores for these guys...or cores that can be adapted....

Old 03-29-2015, 08:13 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The real question here is not how loud they are with the Cobra headers but the quality of the sound? Most that have tried the SC's with and without the cat has thought that once the cat is gone the sounds is tinny, metallic or just plain poor tone. I like the deep rumble with the cats, if I could get that same tone only a little louder I'd be happy to keep them.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:25 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser

Originally Posted by p51bombay
The real question here is not how loud they are with the Cobra headers but the quality of the sound? Most that have tried the SC's with and without the cat has thought that once the cat is gone the sounds is tinny, metallic or just plain poor tone. I like the deep rumble with the cats, if I could get that same tone only a little louder I'd be happy to keep them.
There's a couple issues with the sound...for me the tone was too high, but I wouldn't go as far to say tinny...think a higher revving smaller motor. But the additional volume, probably 30-40% more than the SC's with cat, makes it hard to hear for long. The deep tone was predominately gone, except at and just off of idle. I'll keep posting as I try things.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 AM
bobx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the SC mufflers also but i haven't done anything besides start it up since i bolted them on. interested in what you come up with.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:30 AM
kj68
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Mhsmith451, After putting Fullsac headers on my 14 Limited along with the Street Cannons, I decided to put Big City Thunder Baffles in the head pipe. https://www.bigcitythunder.com/order...r-baffles.html

Still have that low rumble but not obnoxiously loud. You might want to check them out.

Kj

Quick Reply: Street Cannon, Cobra Power flow header...