Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision PV2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Power Vision PV2 Questions

Couple of quick questions. I just got my PV2 tuner via Fuel Moto. They preloaded a map that seems to be a generic for true duals + air cleaner. I know that the PV2 can hold several maps to be flashed while mounted on the handlebar. For example better fuel economy and another for more power.

Where do I get these extra maps? Is there a good source? The Dyno Jet page let's you put in a couple of parameters, then dumps out a ton of maps, all named with some obscure naming convention.

Also, is the handlebar mount from Fuel Moto decent, or is it worth it to get a better mount? Definitely don't want to lose the tuner out on the road.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:04 PM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my new PV2 last week, so I'm not an expert either. If you go to the DJ site, you can see the full list of tunes for your bike. For each description, there is a file name next to it. When you see the file you want, write down the file name. Then go to your PV2 and select that you want a "custom tune" and it will pull a list of the files up. Select the file that you wrote down and flash it to your ECM. Then enjoy the ride!

I'm going to do a series of upgrades to my bike, but went ahead and loaded the "improved stock" tune to my ECM. The ride is so much smoother... really impressed.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:23 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When you bought the tuner did you tell them what exhaust, air cleaner etc you had? Their tunes are pretty spot on. If you contact Fuel Moto and tell them you want a tune for better economy or more power etc. They have a section on their site for map requests. You can use the quick tune feature on the PV to make manual adjustments too. The mount is great and I used it to keep my PV on my old bike for a couple years and thousands of miles without a problem.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganooch
Couple of quick questions. I just got my PV2 tuner via Fuel Moto.
fuel moto gives lifetime map support when you purchase from them. contact them with what you are trying to do and they'll hook you up.

as far as mounting, i don't know if the iron aces mount is compatible with the 14/15 roadglides, but i like mine a lot also, even if the fuelmoto mount was to fail, the cable is plugged in pretty securely so i doubt you would lose it. but if you plan on keeping it mounted permanently, i would look into a more aesthetic solution. ie. ram mount, etc.

Last edited by skratch; 04-03-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Do 2 to 3 separate 20 minute Basic Autotune runs saving each map until change is 3% or less and you'll be good. Normally FM supplied tune has bit more fuel from my experience and the Autotunes will lean it bit more for mileage although not significant.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Ganooch
Road Warrior

Thanks, guys. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:27 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganooch
Thanks, guys. I will let everyone know how it goes.
All good advice. The Map you get from Fuel Moto is a great start point base map, but the magic comes from doing Autotunes (as previously stated) which fine tunes to your individual bike. You save each Autotune session, load it back into the ECM then do another Autotune. Try to cover the entire Map across the rpm range and throttle range. (you won't get it all) Once you do this 3 or 4 times usually get's it to finally you are within 5% or less changes in all the cells. Then you are pretty much done.

There's tons more you can do and a huge thread on this over in the Ignition/ECM section.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-by-admin.html

Read the first post and then skip ahead about 350 posts or a few years, as so much has changed. The dig in, enjoy your favorite beverage, and read read read.

Ask questions over there and you will get lots of good help.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:04 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took the advice. Went out and did 2 auto tunes today. The bike ran good to start but felt smoother after the 2 tunes.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior

Ran Autotune twice and the bike is running really rough. I posted over in the Power Vision sticky with more specifics. Will wait for help from the experts.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:38 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ganooch, Do you know when your are out auto tuning the bike will run a little rougher. Its only after you upload the auto tunes back in and stop auto tuning that it smooths out.

Quick Reply: Power Vision PV2 Questions