Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android App: TwinCam Reference

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
You keep missing the obvious...why is the above needed? Thank you
Not to sound like an ***, but you are missing the obvious.... He's answered the question.

The WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is for the option to save content to the SD card instead of on the device directly.
This is the security message you are getting and with android, you don't have control over individual files, just what is stored on the external media card. This is why it says Photos, media, files. Android could have just said files or been even more verbose like Photos, Word Docs, Excel Docs, Adobe Docs, Music, Text Files, Power Vision logs, **** Movies..... He has added it so that users have the option to save to an external card instead of the internal storage. Any file that is on your extrnal media, this program will have access to it. Now, whether the app can do anything with them is a whole other question.

Does this help explain it?

Last edited by FinalShot; 04-14-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Not to sound like an ***, but you are missing the obvious.... He's answered the question.

This is the security message you are getting and with android, you don't have control over individual files, just what is stored on the external media card. This is why it says Photos, media, files. Android could have just said files or been even more verbose like Photos, Word Docs, Excel Docs, Adobe Docs, Music, Text Files, Power Vision logs, **** Movies..... He has added it so that users have the option to save to an external card instead of the internal storage. Any file that is on your extrnal media, this program will have access to it. Now, whether the app can do anything with them is a whole other question.

Does this help explain it?

One does NOT have the option to change it from the external card. That's what I'm talking about...If you go to settings then the program options , you CANNOT change it to internal. it only allows for reading of external card. I found it odd that's all. So no my question was not answered sorry. Nothing wrong with asking questions and getting the right answers. No disrespect just wanting to know.
Good explanation on your part though.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:09 PM
majorbrian
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The wording I used on the Settings panel is probably to vague. The setting on the panel defaults to "Default" which is not clear and is actually the internal default location of the app storage. If you have an SD card, it will add the second option External. Changing back to default will go back to using internal.
I will put it on my ToDo list for the next release... and change it to be specific with "Internal" and "External".
Thank you for clarifying your issue.
That is what helps me produce a better product.

The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (09-12-2016)
Old 04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by majorbrian
The wording I used on the Settings panel is probably to vague. The setting on the panel defaults to "Default" which is not clear and is actually the internal default location of the app storage. If you have an SD card, it will add the second option External. Changing back to default will go back to using internal.
I will put it on my ToDo list for the next release... and change it to be specific with "Internal" and "External".
Thank you for clarifying your issue.
That is what helps me produce a better product.
Thanks Brian.
That's what I was trying to say, thanks for the clarification. By the way cool app. Thanks for your hard work.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
One does NOT have the option to change it from the external card. That's what I'm talking about...If you go to settings then the program options , you CANNOT change it to internal. it only allows for reading of external card. I found it odd that's all. So no my question was not answered sorry. Nothing wrong with asking questions and getting the right answers. No disrespect just wanting to know.
Good explanation on your part though.
Thank you for clearing that up as that is not what I was understanding from your post. I would agree with your last post.

I was reading your "why is the above needed" with the screenshot of downloading the app before installing as a question as to the security, not anything that happens after you have downloaded, installed and run that app that is past the point of the photo.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 PM
majorbrian
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I updated the content available, but I have already been finding some buggy behavior with the update mechanism from Settings. You may be forced to perform a clear and then an update to be successful. I guess I will have to address this and release an app update before moving on to more features. Maybe I will take this time to build in a background check and notification feature so you will know when there are updates...

The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (09-12-2016)
Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Just checked it on my side. No issues on the update. Worked fine.
No bugs I have noticed at all.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:10 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,414 Likes on 4,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop
All the apps have way too many permissions if you ask me.
Even some of the simple flashlight apps have permission to make calls, and even take pics and video without your consent, access to contacts, etc, it just goes on and on.
When I look at some of the permissions on my new phone, it makes me cringe!
I know I'm different from most folks...

My phone is for making calls and sending text messages.... I once in awhile use the internet, but no apps whatsoever....

I've never seen an app that was worth giving anyone access to my information...

Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 AM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I use to have the vtwin app on my old android but couldnt use it since going iphone. I just got a droid ultra for work and want to load it up again. Can someone post the app address so I can download? Im not having any luck this morning and I am going thru damn user issues going back to a droid now. PS I kept my old droid just for the app and carried it with me on trips. Thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 09:45 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior

Check in your app drawer for Google Play Store then once in there hit search and enter "TwinCam Reference" Download.

Quick Reply: Android App: TwinCam Reference