Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac CVO power core mufflers louder than stock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Fullsac CVO power core mufflers louder than stock?

I have a set of mufflers off a 2013 CVO Ultra Classic on my 14 Limited. I'm wanting to make them flow like a stage 1 muffler but don't want louder than stock. Are the Fullsac CVO power core's in the 1.75" and 2" sizes louder than the stock CVO mufflers? What effect do the muffler sleeves they recommend with power cores have on the sound and volume?

I pull a trailer behind my Limited on all day rides. The weight of the trailer makes the bike pull harder which increases the sound level plus the sound reflects off the front of the trailer. I don't want to make it any louder than it is now when pulling the trailer.
'

Old 04-14-2015, 10:11 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

The majority of aftermarket mufflers throw the EPA noise regulations out into the garbage! Look for performance mufflers that say they are quiet. There are not many of them, so your search should be short. S&S offer quiet SPO mufflers. If a brand makes no reference to being quiet, you can be confident they ain't!

Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the 1.75 cores with half of the baffle material and they are ever so slightly louder than stock.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FinalShot
I have the 1.75 cores with half of the baffle material and they are ever so slightly louder than stock.
Slightly louder would be OK. Did you use the muffler sleeves and remove half the packing like Fullsac recommends or did you just leave some of the packing material out?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:27 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
Slightly louder would be OK. Did you use the muffler sleeves and remove half the packing like Fullsac recommends or did you just leave some of the packing material out?
Yes. I used the glass that was in the left slip-on, cut it in half and wrapped it around the Full Sac perforated sleeves then taped it down using fiberglass tape that I picked up from Home Depot in the drywall section.

The tape makes it much easier to get it stuffed in.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:48 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

The Fullsac CVO Baffle Screens are well worth the price!

You wrap the insulation on the outside of the screens. The screens then keep the wrap in place on the inside of the pipes. This will keep the insulation from sinking to the outlet of the baffles. (Which can sometimes come out of the mufflers tips) also, making it very easy to change out your baffles to different sizes if you desire!

As you can see the Baffles Screens are on the left of the stock crap stuff!

And yes, the 1.75" are just slightly louder then stock.

YB

Attached Thumbnails Fullsac CVO power core mufflers louder than stock?-image.jpg  
Old 04-14-2015, 06:54 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

I've got the Fullsac 2.0 cores in my CVO mufflers. I removed all the fiberglass and jut installed his baffles. Its way louder than stock but it has a deep sound to it. If you wanna hear them let me know. I live right around you somewhere.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I've got the Fullsac 2.0 cores in my CVO mufflers. I removed all the fiberglass and jut installed his baffles. Its way louder than stock but it has a deep sound to it. If you wanna hear them let me know. I live right around you somewhere.

Me also and I love the 2" Fulsac cores with my Fulsac CX headpipe.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies. With Final Shot and Yellowbird saying the 1.75" with the packing and muffler screens used are only slightly louder than stock. I ordered the 1.75" with the Muffler screens this afternoon. They have already been shipped and are scheduled for UPS delivery Monday.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the 2" cores in my screaming eagle mufflers (which I had to alter) and they are louder but not too bad. The screen is the way to go keeping the packing away from the core, I think that It helps cancel out some of tinny sound you can get from some mufflers/baffles. They are great folks to deal with at Fullsac, highly recommend them and their product.

Quick Reply: Fullsac CVO power core mufflers louder than stock?