Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wards fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

One of the best/worthwhile additions to my bike I've ever made. Stage 1, 96 ci no oil cooler,
And my ET monitored by my Power Vision averages just under 235*,up to but never over 250*
in summertime gridlock traffic. Oil temps get up to 270/280, measured by HD digital dip stick.
(Hard to say how accurate that is but with synthetic 20/50 its safe)

Old 04-15-2015, 11:37 AM
1HD2NV
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to bother Jason with a silly question, does anyone know what the HD Forum discount is? Looks like a black/ black setup will be $290 msrp. Thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 12:04 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD2NV
I don't want to bother Jason with a silly question, does anyone know what the HD Forum discount is? Looks like a black/ black setup will be $290 msrp. Thanks
No bother, I just don't like to publish it because I already have enough problems with folks giving me bogus forum names. Anyway its not a percentage its a fixed value, $25.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:10 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by HOGNIT
so what makes the fans better than a jagg oil cooler?
An oil cooler only cools oil, it barely impacts ET, But the fans cool the heads which also lowers oil temp as much or more than the average oil cooler. Much easier install and cheaper than an oil cooler. That said, I still run an oil cooler, they both have their utility.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by tsigwing
Can they work too well? Is there a recommended operating temperature for the bike?
I doubt it, the ECM transitions out of warm up, high idle/enrichment mode at about 178F, so unless it could cool lower than that I don't think there would be a problem. Sadly, vehicle and oil manufacturers are very noncommittal regarding operating temps the closest you'll get is usually a wide range.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by bagman1
Agreed! Thats exactly what I am going to do. I sold my bike with the intention of putting them on my CVO 110, but the guy talked me into selling them to him. So now I have to replace them.
But are they not using the temp sensor in the head any more? I see on the site you can get a oil cooler thermostat instead?
Fairly common question. The thermal switch controls the fans, the thermostat controls oil flow, both are thermo-mechanical devices but the switch is an electrical device and the stat is a hydraulic valve.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:36 PM
1HD2NV
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
No bother, I just don't like to publish it because I already have enough problems with folks giving me bogus forum names. Anyway its not a percentage its a fixed value, $25.
Thanks Jason! I will get the order placed today. I think for my application I want the B+ connector option.

Also need to look at the invoice for my Jagg 10 row. It's been a few years but I think I was encouraged to go no thermostat. If it indeed has one I will be purchasing your thermostat as well.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:56 PM
JD HD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck U. Farley
Has anyone installed them on a '14 or newer Ultra Limited and what were the results? I am interested in them for my bike.
I have a set sitting here I pulled off my '12 before I traded it in. Been debating whether to sell them or install them. The '14 runs so much cooler (felt heat) than the '12 did, so not sure they are needed, but I haven't done anything to monitor actual temperatures yet. Any feedback on this would be appreciated from someone that has.

I can tell anyone that is considering them for the air cooled motors, these fans work extremely well.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Am4wag
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Got mine a couple of years ago.My '06 RK is carbed so the toggle switch really interferes with the enrichener **** unless you bend it's bracket-which I did but still eventually broke the toggle switch on the fan (Jason you might remember me sending this back to you thinking faulty).So I removed the toggle,packed the cavity with hi-temp. RTV and am going to run it off the acc.switch now that weather is warming up.These fans are really great and I would (and have) suggest them to all.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:45 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I recently got mine on. Still waiting to really test them in Texas heat.

Quick Reply: Wards fans