Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superchip vigilante ez for 2014.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 AM
RJMFXDC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsdwain123
I appreciate all of your advice, sounds like they have a good product for 13s or later, but since I'm on a 14, I'm going to go with the V&H FP3.

I talked with Bob over at Fuel Moto and he almost has me talked into Dynojet PV2. They sell both FP3 and Dynojet but they have hands on experience with the Dynojet products. After my last experience I want as much real customer support as I can get.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:11 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by RJMFXDC
Be careful. I just sent one back to them. Their website claims that my 2014 FXDC is supported. I ordered one, performed all the updates with Spark and tried to marry the unit to the bike. No go, it told me to call customer service, I did and no Bueno, bike not supported. Sent it back and wanted full refund, only they kept the shipping charges. Did not like their attitude when I complained about it. Said I got a great discount and I should be happy with the $12.50 loss for shipping charges.
WTF...I get to pay $12.50 to tell them that my bike is not supported.
Good luck if you try!!!

Well, I am going to a little crow here.
Superchips refunded my shipping charges as a separate credit after further discussing the situation. Makes me fell better about the transaction.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:29 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

Well, I am going to a little crow here.
Superchips refunded my shipping charges as a separate credit after further discussing the situation. Makes me fell better about the transaction.
Glad they made it right. A lot of influence on these forms so it works for there benifit.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:35 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

Installed a screaming eagle agitator breather with V&H twin slash slip ons and a V&H FP3 to tune it all in. So far, it runs evil.....but I'm not noticing a lot of heat reduction. As weather and time permits, I'll do a auto tune and report back.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by itsdwain123
Installed a screaming eagle agitator breather with V&H twin slash slip ons and a V&H FP3 to tune it all in. So far, it runs evil.....but I'm not noticing a lot of heat reduction. As weather and time permits, I'll do a auto tune and report back.

How do you like working with the FP3, I still need to tune my bike. Did you use a stock map or did they design one for you.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

That is funny when I downloaded for my Street Bob the one of the questions was to identify whether it was a 96 or 103 and that was with a EZ tuner from over a year ago. I picked the 96 and the Vigilante tune out performed the previous Cobra FI2000R-CL It also way out performed stock. It also needed input for the year.

I wonder if someone didn't follow instructions?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:34 AM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

How do you like working with the FP3, I still need to tune my bike. Did you use a stock map or did they design one for you.
I like it, very easy to use. I used a stock map since I have V&H slipons. They assume a high intake breather on all maps. Curious to see what auto tune will do.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by lh4x4
That is funny when I downloaded for my Street Bob the one of the questions was to identify whether it was a 96 or 103 and that was with a EZ tuner from over a year ago. I picked the 96 and the Vigilante tune out performed the previous Cobra FI2000R-CL It also way out performed stock. It also needed input for the year.

I wonder if someone didn't follow instructions?

If you are referring to me, I followed instructions, unit said bike not supported call customer service. THEY confirmed bike not supported.

I wonder if some doesn't know how to read?

Old 04-21-2015, 04:42 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

I talked with Bob over at Fuel Moto and he almost has me talked into Dynojet PV2. They sell both FP3 and Dynojet but they have hands on experience with the Dynojet products. After my last experience I want as much real customer support as I can get.
I don't think you can go wrong with fuel moto, especially if you're buying a power commander.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:01 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

Put in about 45 minutes with the standard download, my bike is running awesome, im very happy with the V&H FP3.

Quick Reply: superchip vigilante ez for 2014.