Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superchip vigilante ez for 2014.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchip vigilante ez for 2014.

Woundering if anyone has first hand experience with this tuner On a 2014

Old 04-16-2015, 11:21 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Superchip has been around for quite awhile in the car & pickup market, and has just lately
come into the motorcycle world with their tuners. You can go on their web site & read up
on the tuner and it's capabilities. Most of the people on this forum may not know that
Superchips even makes a tuner for motorcycles or Harley Davidsons, and will stick with
the well known brands of tuners. As with any tuner do your research before you buy one.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Mickey Shane
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Vigilante II for a good price with a discount right here on this site. There are several things that I like about it.

First: They have a program (Sparks) that you download, that goes online (you plug the tuner into a USB port) and checks to see if there have been any updates to the program. If there has been an update a simple click will download the new version onto your tuner. I assume that I'll be able to check for updates well into the future.

Second: You unplug the tuner when you are finished. You don't have to find a place under your seat to stash it. Bring it into the house so you can check for updates later on.

Third: The first thing that it does when you plug it into your bike is make a copy of your current tune on the tuner. You always have the opportunity to go back where you were if something were to go wrong.

Fourth: It has an EZ user interface. Just a few screens, navigation button, and whatever new tune that you want to apply to your ECM. The only problem that I had was I started the Sparks program on my computer before plugging the tuner into the USB. All was well when I plugged it in first.

I think I'll check for updates when I get home. It's been a while now.

My bike is a 2005. I can't guarantee anything on a 2014. Maybe someone else will chime in. Logic tells me that it should work the same on the 2014, but I don't know that for sure.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have the Vigilante tuner in a 13 Street Bob and a 14 Road King. More than pleased with both. No throttle lag because of throttle by wire, smoother idle, a nice uptick in acceleration. No flat spots when accelerating. No loss of mpg.

Best priced tune that can be had for $150 each tune. One EZ tuner can have many tunes in it. Just call pay $150 to download for the next bike.

They are a little slow on getting all the 14's and 15's tunes ready. I'm still waiting for a 14 XL1200 tune.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
itsdwain123
6th Gear

Thanks for the response.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by itsdwain123
Woundering if anyone has first hand experience with this tuner On a 2014

Be careful. I just sent one back to them. Their website claims that my 2014 FXDC is supported. I ordered one, performed all the updates with Spark and tried to marry the unit to the bike. No go, it told me to call customer service, I did and no Bueno, bike not supported. Sent it back and wanted full refund, only they kept the shipping charges. Did not like their attitude when I complained about it. Said I got a great discount and I should be happy with the $12.50 loss for shipping charges.
WTF...I get to pay $12.50 to tell them that my bike is not supported.
Good luck if you try!!!

Last edited by RJMFXDC; 04-19-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:55 PM
fallingdown
Cruiser

Happy with mine for my 2013 SG.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:33 PM
sg2007
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered one for my 2011 Streetglide,and I did the download with their map. Turned on the bike and idled and ran like **** got a DTC,turns out it was an ACR code. My bike is a 96in not a 103in with ACRs,called them up and they were not friendly about it. Said to update the unit and try again with the new map. After that the bike still ran like ****, I was not the least impressed so I called for a refund on the unit. The rep that answered didn't even try to convince me to try the unit over and make it work on my bike,he just said"no problem and asked for my info".......if he has no faith in their product why should I?
Month later ordered a Power Vision from Fuelmoto and couldn't be happier with their map and service.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 AM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by sg2007
Ordered one for my 2011 Streetglide,and I did the download with their map. Turned on the bike and idled and ran like **** got a DTC,turns out it was an ACR code. My bike is a 96in not a 103in with ACRs,called them up and they were not friendly about it. Said to update the unit and try again with the new map. After that the bike still ran like ****, I was not the least impressed so I called for a refund on the unit. The rep that answered didn't even try to convince me to try the unit over and make it work on my bike,he just said"no problem and asked for my info".......if he has no faith in their product why should I?
Month later ordered a Power Vision from Fuelmoto and couldn't be happier with their map and service.

You must have talked to the same fool I talked to. Acted like it was my fault for their website misinformation. He kept saying how well their product worked unless your bike is unsupported. Correct the website, don't blame customers for your companies errors.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:57 AM
itsdwain123
6th Gear
Default thanks

I appreciate all of your advice, sounds like they have a good product for 13s or later, but since I'm on a 14, I'm going to go with the V&H FP3.

Quick Reply: superchip vigilante ez for 2014.