Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock question for my SG

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:03 PM
smithmx47
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wheel Chock question for my SG

Hello all, Looking at purchasing a Condor wheel chock, Have a wrap fender though. Will it hit the back of the fender? If so would appreciate suggestions on other chocks. Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Wheel Chock question for my SG-harley-023.jpg   Wheel Chock question for my SG-harley-020.jpg  
Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

good thing you asked before buying- the condor ( at least the models I have seen) will hit that fender.

the condor is a handy locking type check...but straps should still be used...so get a $35 pingel type and use straps

mike

Old 04-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 816 Likes on 462 Posts

not going to work with that fender, based on what I see and I own one of those chocks

nice bike btw

Old 04-18-2015, 10:16 PM
SEM55
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
not going to work with that fender, based on what I see and I own one of those chocks

nice bike btw
I have two Condors, one in the garage for the bike, just drive into it and get off. I've trailered it with a steel one, works great but you will need straps. Two years ago ,two of us went from Michigan to Montana not problems.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:52 AM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Condor works great but don't think it will work with that fender.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:54 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a condor, 21" wheel with Fat Baggers fender, I don't have any problems, camera angle can distort as well. I will measure mine from floor up and send you a pm.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:26 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Could be the camera angle but that fender looks pretty low for a Condor.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 AM
Hog.Rider
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I and at least 4 of my friends use the Harbor Freight wheel chock. NOT the little one one that you drive 'up to' but the one that you drive 'into', the rear flips up and holds your front tire in. You can get off, jump around, anything, the bike just sits there held in by the chock. I think they are around $50 or $60 when they are on sale. VERY WELL SPENT MONEY.

Mine has been in my trailers and in my toy hauler without problems. Hesitant to drill through the floor in my toy hauler, I just strap the chock in and all is fine. My bike has gone thousands of miles in the HF chock. NOTE: USE STRAPS! Do you need them? Who knows! Do you want to risk it?

Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

If you're local to Colorado, I have two of the above mentioned HF wheel chocks I could get rid of. I'd probably give em away.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 AM
andywe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hog.Rider
I and at least 4 of my friends use the Harbor Freight wheel chock. NOT the little one one that you drive 'up to' but the one that you drive 'into', the rear flips up and holds your front tire in. You can get off, jump around, anything, the bike just sits there held in by the chock. I think they are around $50 or $60 when they are on sale. VERY WELL SPENT MONEY.

Mine has been in my trailers and in my toy hauler without problems. Hesitant to drill through the floor in my toy hauler, I just strap the chock in and all is fine. My bike has gone thousands of miles in the HF chock. NOTE: USE STRAPS! Do you need them? Who knows! Do you want to risk it?
Hog
what bike? I bought one of the Harbor Freight ones this weekend for my Road Glide (2015) and the damm ramp would flip. Low profile stock tire. Almost seems like the ramp channel is too narrow.

Quick Reply: Wheel Chock question for my SG