Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower the Front Fender

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by twistr
I lowered my fender..had it like that for a long time...now looking to raise it back to stock...to me it looked better when I had my RG lowered front and rear...since then I put the bike back to factory ride height...the fender looks a bit to low for me now.

here's a pic of it lowered and bike to factory ride height.
Thanks, that just made my mind up, not going to cut the tab off to where i can't bring it back to stock. its lowered now but if i were to want to bring back to stock.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:49 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If I ever mess with it, I'd probably want a bracket to bolt up rather than cutting and its very low on my list..........wheels back to stock side, seat, bars, windshield and better suspension. Not necessarily in that order.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:40 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by just plain john
Wouldn't you have to pull the wheel and fender just to remove the calipers for brake pads if you lower the fender?
No, I unbolt the caliper and slide it down the disc until it comes off. I have enough slack in my brake line to go just far enough to remove the caliper. If I didn't have the aftermarket brake line with more slack, the front wheel would definitely have to be dropped down a little for caliper clearance.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by p51bombay
If I ever mess with it, I'd probably want a bracket to bolt up rather than cutting and its very low on my list..........wheels back to stock side, seat, bars, windshield and better suspension. Not necessarily in that order.
I hearya, been there love it more now than when deciding and spending $, maybe a CVO with a 120ci next time, I heard the 16s will have the 120 option thanks

Old 04-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
Ok see what you think, the pic on the left is stock. The right is with the rear bolts in original position and the front bolts removed, the fender tilted as far as possible as to be able to drill through the front bracket and bolt it, without the bracket looking strange at the mounting boss. It's at a good price too
This is the final look with every thing bolted up..

Attached Thumbnails Lower the Front Fender-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 PM
MIKE93SVT
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good. have a close up at the bracket/fork?

mike

Old 04-25-2015, 11:40 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Could you just hog out the holes a little bit?? If I recall there is a good bit of materiel thgere

Old 04-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MIKE93SVT
looks good. have a close up at the bracket/fork?

mike
heres one pic..it was just one of those things that kelp bothering me..the hardest thing was removing the fairing to unplug the fender tip light, but thats not too bad.
Greg

Attached Thumbnails Lower the Front Fender-img_4076.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Could you just hog out the holes a little bit?? If I recall there is a good bit of materiel thgere
Actually after you get the welded nut cut off and theres a brass washer stamped to the outside you need to drill the 3 little dimples to get it off, drill just the brass not the fender. Put the fender back on with the rear bolts and duct tape the 5/16 bit, the tape will help not to cut into the aluminum fork boss hole. Drill through the original hole and push down on the front of the fender and the drill bit will cut a slot until the fender is level, it will cut it quickly...

Attached Thumbnails Lower the Front Fender-img_4077.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 12:11 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
Actually after you get the welded nut cut off and theres a brass washer stamped to the outside you need to drill the 3 little dimples to get it off, drill just the brass not the fender. Put the fender back on with the rear bolts and duct tape the 5/16 bit, the tape will help not to cut into the aluminum fork boss hole. Drill through the original hole and push down on the front of the fender and the drill bit will cut a slot until the fender is level, it will cut it quickly...

Now THAT is what I am talking about !!!! Carefully nibble the captured nut to remove !! I have an extra or two fork lower which could be used too, make it even easier. Thanks for the info !!!

Quick Reply: Lower the Front Fender