Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:26 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

I use crashbar. But I only use it occasionally. Nice thing about there is I can start and stop it without the remote.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

I used duel Go Pro's for collecting evidence for a case against MoCo, used the external mic cable for improved Audio, several mics tried and each had its own pros and cons.

Mounted the cameras all over the bike for various perspectives.

MoCo discounted my claims until they saw the video. Game Over!

In the process I have collected thousands of hours of video on the scooter, some Go Pro product have been used on commercials for a local attorney. The quality is great even at low speed riding.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM
BillyBobAZ
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro

Chip,
Watched your video and at freeway speeds it looks OK. When you slowed down or were accelerating, you could see the waving but all in all, not bad.
I mounted my GoPros on my Road King, then on my Ultra Classic in every spot on the bike I could find. I road around and took video at low and high speeds then downloaded to Magix. I like to include video at stops and at low speeds as well so I finally resided to the fact it takes a helmet mount.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:34 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Once you figure out what kind of footage your looking for, then it is easier to find mounting locations.

I personally like the helmet mount which I use everytime at least for a while, if I use any mount on the bike I will chop it up and splice it together.

I really like the ram tough claw mount, you can change locations on the bike in seconds.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad to hear someone likes the tough claw. I just ordered that complete Rammount GoPro setup. I thought it would give me greater flexibility. As well as the brake/clutch mount. I currently get the best video with the helmet mount (I just get sick of having the camera on my helmet) but I have used the suction cup on the bags and the side of the fairing. I do get more vibration that way though. I tried the suction cup mount on the front of my roadglide fairing and that was a total waste of time. I use the app to make sure the camera is pointing where I want and then run the camera with the remote. I typically edit my video in Adobe Premier. Their (GoPro) software isn't bad. You do have to have a computer with some grunt to edit video though.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:16 PM
red sport.
Tourer
Received 222 Likes on 45 Posts
Default GoPro

Thank you all for the Video's. I've been searching for a better Camera I've bought 9 Das Cams (looping) & 1 Go Pro (Hero), to make this short I'm still using a Das Cam hadn't found any thing better than what I got, see for your self on this short Video.

Last edited by red sport.; 04-23-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:55 AM
BillyBobAZ
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro Mounting

I purchased all of my mounts from:
http://www.rammount.com/
Just enter type of bike, what camera you have (or audio device) and you can build any type of mount you want. Most motorcycle shops carry Ram Mounts as well.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:11 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Using a neutral density filter helps a lot to get rid of the jello effect in the videos.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:09 PM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kuanyu
the hog collar works great! Buy one and you'll be happy
Agreed. Just make sure you mount it up high on the forks so that the front fender doesn't hit it when travelling up and down on bumpy roads.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:19 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Helmet mount has it's place, but watching more than a few seconds makes me seasick.

My vid has helmet mount shots both forward and aft

Quick Reply: GoPro ?