Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I mount the GoPro on a Ram Mount, on the handlebar. Other than bumps in the road I get no vibration. I alleviated the wind noise by using one of those cheapo microphones that come with computers. The wire is long enough that I have the microphone mounted on the rear fender. I get no wind noise and good engine/exhaust noise.

I've moved the microphone up to the top of the fender since this picture was taken. It's almost hidden from view now.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
fffffish
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my first try with the GoPro Mounted on back of the helmet

Last edited by fffffish; 04-24-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by fffffish
Here is my first try with the GoPro Mounted on back of the helmet
Badlands - YouTube
I like the road and scenery, but all that head movement ends up making me dizzy. It takes the focus away from the subject of the video.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:51 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Deucedog
I like the road and scenery, but all that head movement ends up making me dizzy. It takes the focus away from the subject of the video.
Exactly my point above.

Great road!

Old 04-24-2015, 11:34 PM
jerryt87
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Just curious. What models of GoPro are you using? White/Black etc. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Had a great ride last week here in AZ that would have made a great vid.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Mine is a Hero3 Black

Old 04-25-2015, 06:27 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryt87
Just curious. What models of GoPro are you using? White/Black etc. I'm thinking of getting one myself. Had a great ride last week here in AZ that would have made a great vid.

I use the Hero 4 black. I normally run 1080@60 unless I want to conserve some space on the card then I will knock it down to 30fps.

Last edited by TcHunter; 04-25-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:36 AM
58sniper
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryt87
Hero 3 Black

Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 AM
fffffish
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deucedog

I took the camera off the helmet for that reason I have tried it on the handle bars and crash bars and a pole mounted on the passenger backrest above my head that I can turn in any direction The handle bar mount seems to work the best for me but the pole mount gives you the best shots except when you hit any kind of good sized bumps. I use a GoPro hero 3 black

Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 PM
BillyBobAZ
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro Mounting

Guys,
I have used my Go Pros for years now. I have a Hero 2 and a Hero 4. Both work with my wrist remote control. I mount one on my helmet facing forward and one on my wife's helmet facing backwards. I take numerous 30-60 second snip-its. If I am on a really neat windy road, I may take 5 minutes or so. As long as you don't whip your head around, the video is the best. I load the videos and all iPhone pictures into my audio/video editing program and make a DVD of each trip.
I have every mount conceivable and have mounted them all over my bikes. At low speeds or even idle, the shake is very bad so finally I just gave up and went with the helmet mounts. If you can find a place to mount that doesn't have a lot of waving, let me know. I live in Phoenix and thank God we can ride year round!

Quick Reply: GoPro ?