Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro ?

Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GoPro ?

Just bought the Go Pro White Edition and for now have been testing it on the helmet.....kinda funky looking but it does work well there. Looking for other ideas of where to mount it and how to attach it. I also got the remote which does a really good job mounted on my handlebars where I can turn it off and on without having to reach on top of my helmet. Also looking for any other suggestions to improve or better eliminate the wind noise. I did change the backing plate to the open one and helped a little with noise but not completely.

On another note , I cannot get the software ( new version or older version to work .....locks up every time I try to use either version. Support help was ok but did not solve the software problem.

Seemed this section was best suited for this ? but, moderators feel free to move it if necessary.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:39 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Pack a little foam rubber around the mic hole on the camera. Or just a piece of tape.

As far as the crashes, did you try this stuff? http://gopro.com/support/articles/ho...rashing-issues

This is a really great way to mount the camera. http://hogtagcollar.com Mounts to the fork can (cowbell).

Watch the fender bounce from the bumps, and how stable the scenery is. Combination of pavement, country road, and gravel.

This is two GoPros synced with the remote. I'm on the Blue bike, wife is chasing me on the Red one.

Last edited by shooter5074; 04-20-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:55 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I use the solid back, then edit the sound out.

The problem you are having with the software is not a software problem, I suspect, but rather a hardware issue...

Your computer is too slow. The guys that are doing bang-up editing have huge video cards, and machines built for this. The video I'm about ot post took over 8 hours for my little laptop to edit.

My son, about done with his junior year in college with a dual major- Software Engineering and Computer Science- said he could build me what I need for my GoPro for just under a grand....

This vid shows I think 8 different mounting options made it early this year...

Old 04-20-2015, 07:16 PM
dibe
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a handlebar mount and attach it to the light bar right under the headlight. Works pretty well. It won't do anything for the wind noise tho.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:17 PM
87gtNOS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a waspcam, better than go pro from my experiences!
I was thinking of mounting it on the inner fairing, just above the left speaker. Anyone done this?
My concerns are vibrations, however, this can shoots pretty still video mounted to my snowmobile handlebars at over 100mph!!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:39 AM
kitehog
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The crash bar works well also for a spot to mount the camera

Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Shane Grimstead
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's a little video I did last year for our annual ride. I was riding my 2000 Vmax. I mounted the GoPro to the handle bar and was able to get some fairly good shots. This was my first attempt at recording and editing.

I loved my Vmax but my tailbone... not so much... Sold the Max last year and bought my SGS and can't wait for this years ride!!

We only had 1 GoPro last year. This year we will have 2-3 GoPros so I should be able to get some more footage to work with.

Anyway, to get back to your topic, the gopro software does require an adequate computer to run properly. It will crash otherwise. I normally can't run anything on the computer while I'm editing with GoPro Studio.

Great videos from everyone BTW!!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM
BillyBobAZ
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro Mounting

I have (2) GoPros and have done video for years now on several different Harleys. I currently have a 2014 Limited. After many, many trial and error mounts all over my Harleys, I found none work well. The vibration is too severe at low speeds and when reviewed, it will make you sick.
The only mount that works is on your helmet. I do not use the GoPro utility at all. I use Magix Movie Editor. When we ride, I mount 1 GoPro on my wife's helmet facing backwards and 1 GoPro on my helmet facing forward. Everyone takes pictures with their Iphones. When done, everyone gives me their photos. I take 30-60 second videos utilizing the remote control on my wrist.
Loading all the videos and pictures into Magix, I can separate the video from the audio, transition pictures and videos and either use the Harley audio or dub in some cool music.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BillyBobAZ
I found none work well. The vibration is too severe at low speeds and when reviewed, it will make you sick.
Have you watched my video?

I have no vibration issues whatsoever on my 2014 FLHTK.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:46 PM
kuanyu
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hog collar works great! Buy one and you'll be happy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GoPro ?