Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Ed at Dyno Difference... Amazing tuner and we'll worth money/drive!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:09 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by EasTexUltra12
I didn't know that I could get the bike tuned again for free. When I wrote to Ed and told him about the poppinig, he didn't offer to re-run the tune. He sent me a file that he said should fix it. It didn't and I figured that was that. Also the difference between Ed's tune and the file I got from Fuel Moto was very small. I didn't gain enough in my opinion to be worth more trips over. The forum member I'm working with has been great and it's much easier to send files back and forth. In my case, I don't think that the money I spent for the dyno tune was money well spent. I'm not putting a knife in Ed. Maybe if I had more mods than a simple stage 1 it would be more noticeable.
I call BS to this statement. Those emailed calibrations are nothing more than starting calibrations, that's it! I guarantee you that some of the worst tuners out there would make major improvements to these emailed calibrations and Ed is one of the best in this area so I know those changes were quite drastic.

You emailed him, he emailed you back a file to try. You should have simply picked up the phone to talk with him and you would have quickly realized he would have made it right for you and you wouldn't be here complaining about what everyone else is praising him for. The guy does excellent work, and is probably one of the most detail oriented people I've ever dealt with. I've used him since back in 06 personally and any bike that I do motor work on here close to Houston, will always be suggested to be brought to Ed for proper tuning. I street tune them to get them in the ball-park, Ed does the rest. Tuners around here are lack-luster at best.

All the time you've spent sending files "back and forth" with this forum member, you could have easily been done with this with a simple phone call.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 04-24-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I call BS to this statement. Those emailed calibrations are nothing more than starting calibrations, that's it! I guarantee you that some of the worst tuners out there would make major improvements to these emailed calibrations and Ed is one of the best in this area so I know those changes were quite drastic.

You emailed him, he emailed you back a file to try. You should have simply picked up the phone to talk with him and you would have quickly realized he would have made it right for you and you wouldn't be here complaining about what everyone else is praising him for. The guy does excellent work, and is probably one of the most detail oriented people I've ever dealt with. I've used him since back in 06 personally and any bike that I do motor work on here close to Houston, will always be suggested to bring the bike to Ed. Tuners around here are lack-luster at best.

All the time you've spent sending files "back and forth" with this forum member, you could have easily been done with this with a simple phone call.
No BS here. I shared my experience. Sorry that it doesn't match what others have gotten.

David

Old 04-24-2015, 08:40 AM
hog.ryder
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Ed did a great job with my bike, twice. The first time would have been enough if I hadn't did a lot of changing on my bike.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by EasTexUltra12
No BS here. I shared my experience. Sorry that it doesn't match what others have gotten.

David
No need to be sorry man and sometimes I come off the wrong way, not my intent at all.

the point was simply give the guy the opportunity to make it right and he will instead of telling everyone how unsatisfied you are and the fact that you didn't give him the opportunity. Sure as hell beats adding and removing fuel from different areas of the calibrations as I'm sure is what's happening with these emailed calibrations. There's a hell of a lot more to tuning the transition from acel to decel than adding or removing fuel.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
No need to be sorry man and sometimes I come off the wrong way, not my intent at all.

the point was simply give the guy the opportunity to make it right and he will instead of telling everyone how unsatisfied you are and the fact that you didn't give him the opportunity. Sure as hell beats adding and removing fuel from different areas of the calibrations as I'm sure is what's happening with these emailed calibrations. There's a hell of a lot more to tuning the transition from acel to decel than adding or removing fuel.
Nah, you're ok. I had no idea that I could keep going back. And since you guys are so strong about it, I will give him a call and see if anything can be done. Been a year, but I'll call and ask.

David

Old 04-24-2015, 09:16 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

sounds good man.. let us know how it turns out for you.. although I think we all know it will be a positive experience.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:34 AM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I had my Night Rod tuned by Ed, and it was great. Happy with the experience, definitely taking my Road King to him.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:16 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master

Ed had an opening this Saturday morning (May 2) for a re-tune. I'll post back my results.

David

Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master

Took my bike back to Ed at The Dyno Difference in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and wanted to post back. The tune seems really good now. All the decel/shifting pop is gone and the bike pulls very well. Over all, I'm pleased. The only bitch I have is that the mileage is still pretty bad. Coming home from Dallas, I only got 32mpg at 78mph. Having said that, I only have that one good highway ride and there was a headwind. Talked to Ed and he wants me to put some more miles on it and see how it does. I'm leaving for the Black Hills July 9 so that'll be a good test for mpg. I'll see what it does on that ride and get back to Ed if necessary.

I appreciate those that chimed in suggesting a re-tune.

Ride safe,

David

Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 AM
bundy43
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

32 mpg at 78 mph and pulling a headwind,what's wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Review: Ed at Dyno Difference... Amazing tuner and we'll worth money/drive!!