Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about going to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rperk60
have never been have not made any plans/accommodations ect. Thinking about packing an air matress and a 1 one man pop up tent load up the bike and go am I nuts.
If you're not camping along the way, you can send your gear to the campground. I did this last year at the Chip and it worked out great. Less stuff to pack on the bike. I think the Chip, Hog Heaven and Glencoe all offer this service.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:54 PM
fidel
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lollll in 2013

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about going to Sturgis-20130723_172159.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
BillinSC
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I made the trip to Sturgis last year. I made more of a two week vacation out of it and took the long way (from SC). It was a solo ride and it was awesome! Sturgis was great but as they say "its not the destination but the journey".

Old 04-23-2015, 04:51 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

We got 3 houses rented....18 bikes in Leads.....i usually take Route 20 across all the way into Nebraska then head north through the black hills into Leads. Nice route, good roads, nice views.
See you all in Stugis....can't wait !!!!!

Last edited by giacomo56; 04-23-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 PM
dwl25
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm going to Sturgis this year and was last there in 2010 for the huge hailstorm too. I'm staying at the Chip. Tickets there are getting pricey but they include concerts....

It will be very crowded this year since it's the 75th. I want to be able to say I was there for it as I won't make the 100th.lol

Very worth it to me.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:51 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Thinking about going to Sturgis

Originally Posted by rperk60
have never been have not made any plans/accommodations ect. Thinking about packing an air matress and a 1 one man pop up tent load up the bike and go am I nuts.
Hell no, you're not nuts. Load up the stuff, and point that bike West! There will be plenty of people to hang out with!

Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

I'm leaving for the chip july 27 from Mid MO and will be there the 29th. Taking 16 days off this year, gonna ride the badlands, devils tower, and several others the first week and then party at the chip the second week of my vacation (actual rally week). If your coming from IL and travel 70 through MO I'm sure you already know you'll need a lid. You may follow the advice of some of the other posters here and go through IA. This will be my 3rd year and basically I pack a folding chair, tent, air matress, blanket, two changes of clothes, and some other personals and go. Everything fits nicely on the back of the bike. The more rallies I go to, the more I realize how little I need to pack, and pack the bike much lighter these days in comparison to a few years ago. Glencoe and Buffalo chip are both awesome. Chip will have good concerts, Glencoe is just across the street from full throttle saloon and beaver bar. It's all good, you really can't make a wrong decision, you'll have fun no matter where you go!

Old 04-23-2015, 09:00 PM
DocKile
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Leaving for Sturgis 30 July heading to Colorado then rolling into the Black Hills on the 1st. Back in Texas on the 9th. Staying at Hog Heaven this year. Always like trying new places. Have stayed at the Chip, Rented houses in town, Rented houses out of town... Going to be a good one.. as always!

Old 04-23-2015, 09:27 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Thinking about going to Sturgis

Originally Posted by 01dyna
I'm leaving for the chip july 27 from Mid MO and will be there the 29th. Taking 16 days off this year, gonna ride the badlands, devils tower, and several others the first week and then party at the chip the second week of my vacation (actual rally week). If your coming from IL and travel 70 through MO I'm sure you already know you'll need a lid. You may follow the advice of some of the other posters here and go through IA. This will be my 3rd year and basically I pack a folding chair, tent, air matress, blanket, two changes of clothes, and some other personals and go. Everything fits nicely on the back of the bike. The more rallies I go to, the more I realize how little I need to pack, and pack the bike much lighter these days in comparison to a few years ago. Glencoe and Buffalo chip are both awesome. Chip will have good concerts, Glencoe is just across the street from full throttle saloon and beaver bar. It's all good, you really can't make a wrong decision, you'll have fun no matter where you go!
Hey, man - we need to to start making a list of all the folks that are gonna be at the Chip during rally week!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 PM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by giacomo56
We got 3 houses rented....18 bikes in Leads.....i usually take Route 20 across all the way into Nebraska then head north through the black hills into Leads. Nice route, good roads, nice views.
See you all in Stugis....can't wait !!!!!
Lead, not Leads.

Quick Reply: Thinking about going to Sturgis