Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about going to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 PM
01dyna
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,013 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Hey, man - we need to to start making a list of all the folks that are gonna be at the Chip during rally week!
I agree, we could start our own thread.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:28 PM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rperk60
have never been have not made any plans/accommodations ect. Thinking about packing an air matress and a 1 one man pop up tent load up the bike and go am I nuts.

Have been 23 times.
Info:
  • Don't care about shade or sleep or decent shower/crappers, just want to let er snap, total Carney food? The Chip is it.
  • Like shade, not great showers/crappers but maintain that "wild feel"? Could have better food/ Glencoe is decent.
  • Great Shade, Great proximity to Sturgis, Family run, unbelievable shower and crappers that are cleaned constantly, unlimited picnic tales under your HUGE Cottonwood, (just ask and they bring them over). All garbage barrels emptied by local kids with 4 wheelers and trailers every morning, great homemade meals 3 times a day at the camp headquarters at a real decent price, $15.00 per night per person camping fee, no generators in tent area and no bands at night , blacktop paths going to each general camping area to eliminate the moon dust so well known ALL Black Hills Camping, Directly across Highway 79 from Glencoe, all bus services available on a continuous schedule, camp headquarters available to get out of hail/rain.
  • CREEKSIDE CAMPGROUND!
Lots of camping areas in the area for you to choose from, but mark my words, on a hot year 100+ shade is at a premium!!! If it's rainy, a campground with a covered area to hang out in and drink beer, PRICELESS!!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:34 PM
gwellis
Tourer

To all of the Folks that camp at Creekside, sorry to let the cat out of the bag! It's a Brotherhood thing! Riding HD since 1980.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 PM
rperk60
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Genius
Where abouts in IL are you?
Champaign

Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
rperk60
Tourer

Originally Posted by gwellis
Have been 23 times.
Info:
  • Don't care about shade or sleep or decent shower/crappers, just want to let er snap, total Carney food? The Chip is it.
  • Like shade, not great showers/crappers but maintain that "wild feel"? Could have better food/ Glencoe is decent.
  • Great Shade, Great proximity to Sturgis, Family run, unbelievable shower and crappers that are cleaned constantly, unlimited picnic tales under your HUGE Cottonwood, (just ask and they bring them over). All garbage barrels emptied by local kids with 4 wheelers and trailers every morning, great homemade meals 3 times a day at the camp headquarters at a real decent price, $15.00 per night per person camping fee, no generators in tent area and no bands at night , blacktop paths going to each general camping area to eliminate the moon dust so well known ALL Black Hills
    Camping, Directly across Highway 79 from Glencoe, all bus services available on a continuous schedule, camp headquarters available to get out of hail/rain.
  • CREEKSIDE CAMPGROUND!
Lots of camping areas in the area for you to choose from, but mark my words, on a hot year 100+ shade is at a premium!!! If it's rainy, a campground with a covered area to hang out in and drink beer, PRICELESS!!
Ok so let make sure i understand, i dont need reservations for places like glenco or the chip if space is available just set up my two man tent and pay a daily fee to camp and I am all good?

Old 04-23-2015, 11:08 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Originally Posted by rperk60
Ok so let make sure i understand, i dont need reservations for places like glenco or the chip if space is available just set up my two man tent and pay a daily fee to camp and I am all good?

I made no reference to reservations that I am aware of in my post.
For the 75th Sturgis, I would highly recommend that you make a decision as to what environment best suits your style (I strongly recommend that weather is a part of your camping formula, see above) and make a reservation . A 100+ day with no shade will ruin the experience! Speaking from experience. Thanks, Grant.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:10 PM
gwellis
Tourer

All campgrounds are on the internet with phone numbers.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:10 PM
rperk60
Tourer

Originally Posted by gwellis
I made no reference to reservations that I am aware of in my post.
For the 75th Sturgis, I would highly recommend that you make a decision as to what environment best suits your style (I strongly recommend that weather is a part of your camping formula, see above) and make a reservation . A 100+ day with no shade will ruin the experience! Speaking from experience. Thanks, Grant.
Got it thanks for the info.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:12 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Going to STURGIS ON THE 75TH WITH NO RESERVATION WILL GUARENTEEE YOU A SPOT IN A MOON DUST FIELD, WITH NO SHADE, AND MINIMAL FACILITIES!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:16 PM
gwellis
Tourer

In my 1st post, I was attempting to give you some choices based on real life experience.

Quick Reply: Thinking about going to Sturgis