Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:25 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KJET-JROSS
Thanks for the mention!

We actually made a video showing the assembly steps and our hardware kit:
https://youtu.be/tQS2pzsOiGQ

It might give you a better view of the fairings too. We have had very few issues with the fitment/quality; they fit almost every touring model. The only bike we have trouble with is the FLTR because the crashbars/fairing mount is unique. This has been a very good product for us and we enjoy selling them.
I'd be more than happy to do a review if you'll send me a set

Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 PM
KJET-JROSS
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jpalm
I'd be more than happy to do a review if you'll send me a set
Email us and we can work out a discount.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:23 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KJET-JROSS
Email us and we can work out a discount.
Email sent, and thank you very much for the offer. I'll be more than happy to do a through review of your product. I know many of the members here would love to find a quality, inexpensive alternative to OEM lowers.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:57 AM
longam
Intermediate

Purchased a set for my 14 SGS but didn't like the door assembly. Went with the latest model from HD and the quality and design is much better For what I was looking for.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:10 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,338 Likes on 3,275 Posts

I have EBay Chinese ones on my 07. Had them color matched locally, I would say buy the vent door mounting hardware from HD and the loop strap thingy that goes around the crash bar but other than that you can buy the rest from the local hardware store or all of it from the dealer. I am satisfied with mine.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:01 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

if you are wanting the lowers for protection, an alternative might be the desert dawgs found at http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/soft...king-dressers/. they can go on or off in just a minute and look pretty good and aid in protection from rain and cold. i've run mine during the summer on a 2006 Yami Roadstar with no heat issues. i have a set for my FLHTK when i was thinking about taking off the lowers, but i've kept the lowers on for now.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Oldharleyguy60
Novice

Hey Kjet, I bought a set from you in January where's my discount!! Just Kidding. I put them on my 06 electra glide and am happy with them so far in cool 5 c weather. Mine are vivid black so did not need to paint. Stealer ship wanted 1000.00 mine arrived around 300.00 Canadian. I wasn't expecting perfection just something to keep me warmer that looked good. Paint quality is fine. For some guys true Harley OEM means everything, not to me. The vented lowers will be worth it mid summer. Cheers

Old 04-26-2015, 09:03 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I'd like to see how they work out. I've been wanting a set myself

Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I'll give you a review of these cheapy lowers. Unless you want them to be black, save your money and buy used factory lowers. The hardware that comes with these things is basically unusable, and total garbage. Those that can't make their own hardware, usually wind up buying the factory stuff anyways. The "black" paint isn't even paint. They just flash a coat of clear over the black plastic surface, and call it GLOSS BLACK. These are "you get what you pay for" parts. I even had to make my own rubber shims because the fairings wouldn't completely tighten down over the crash bar, and they were loose and vibrating. And God forbid you ever try to open or close the vents. But that's a story in and of itself! I still have them (see sig pic), and they do work, but given a choice after what I know now, I would have bought used MOCO lowers and painted them. If there's any painting needed, I recommend against these. ONLY if you need direct bolt on black lowers, would I ever think of these, and only because of the price. Here's some pictures of what happened to the mounts on mine. And I used the MUTAZU screws, and followed the youtube video exactly.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 04-26-2015 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
shrydog
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Two years ago I bought a set of vivid black lowers from Eastern Performance in Maryland that are very near HD quality. I am very happy with these. They run about $460. The doors are hinged with magnetic catches.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Lowers