Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price of CFR muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:22 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Price of CFR muffler

I just found the smooth, chrome set of CFR muffler at a local spot. Theyre selling them for $637.00. Is that a decent price?

Also, I'm still deciding if I want to do headers too. If not, is it necessary to tune for just the muffler. Currently, I have Rinehart mufflers.

Thanks

Old 04-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

That is a decent price.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 PM
jlgale
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out their website at: http://www.cfrmotorcycles.com

Old 04-24-2015, 07:53 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

If I read your sig right, you have mufflers and an AC, but no tune????

You'll do no more damage with CFR's than with Rineharts.

If I've posted it once, I bet I've posted it 43 times...

The FIRST thing a man should do when considering making changes is GET A TUNER. It will help a stock bike, and when you change pipes and or air cleaner, you're ready for it.

Can you run without a tuner? Yes.

Will you blow your engine up running without a tuner? Probably not.

Can you expect to get 50,000 miles out of your engine without a tuner? Most likely.

Will it run correctly without a tuner? No.

Dealers and their parts and service departments are a business, in business to sell motorcycles, and motorcycle parts and accessories. They tell you that you can get away without a tuner, because a LOT of guys won't come off the jack for a tuner, and they're afraid they'll lose sales if they tell you to get a tuner.

Changing the air flow without changing the VE tables is not beneficial. These bikes run lean from the factory, adding a more free flowing exhaust makes them run more lean.

Do what you want, I won't criticize, just trying to offer things to think about.

...but there is a reason I won't buy a used bike as my primary ride...

Old 04-24-2015, 08:44 PM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

He has posted it at LEAST 43 times, and he is correct. Slip ons only - probably OK without a tune, change the air intake and exhaust and you need a tuner. Get the head pipe, tuner and a good tune-you will be happy you did. Check out our sponsor Fuel Moto they can get you everything you need and a good tune.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Tuners makes a world of difference.. I never ran the knockoffs without a tuner but I did with the monster ovals, you can definitely tell a difference

Old 04-24-2015, 09:01 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Normally, smooth are $599.00 single fluted are $629.00 and double fluted are $649.99 or $659.00

Again that is normal pricing. I have seen people selling them upwards of $800.00 plus.

I feel the extra $40.00 to purchase now is a fair price.

I also agree with the post above if it was one or the other get a tuner first.

Last edited by TcHunter; 04-24-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:00 AM
ATM983
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the most user friendly tuner available? With a stock set up that is. I feel as though it wold just be a safer/better option to run a tuner. I want my ride to last as long as possible. I have heard mixed opinions on what exactly works best for people. Thanks for the advice!

One other thing. What would be the difference between running a tuner on your own bike, and having a dealership tune...other than the brutal price it would probably cost. I am a bit iffy on tuning my own bike but it doesn't necessarily seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:19 AM
somorkc
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Fuel Moto, they will get you set up right. They have different tuners in all price ranges.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM
kylebru1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATM983
What is the most user friendly tuner available? With a stock set up that is. I feel as though it wold just be a safer/better option to run a tuner. I want my ride to last as long as possible. I have heard mixed opinions on what exactly works best for people. Thanks for the advice!

One other thing. What would be the difference between running a tuner on your own bike, and having a dealership tune...other than the brutal price it would probably cost. I am a bit iffy on tuning my own bike but it doesn't necessarily seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

There are Tons of opinions on tuners out there. I am only planning on doing stage 1 work to my bike. I am currently waiting on my Rinehart Slimline headers, Rinehart 4" slip ons, Fuel Moto Pro Billet air cleaner, and Fuel Moto Micro Tuner. The tuner was only $199 and they set the map at fuel moto so I just need to plug it in and it will be good to go (because They knew the pipes and heads I was adding).

With my limited knowledge, that I picked up around here, you would for sure benefit from this tuner. You could always get a better tuner, if you were planning on doing a lot more motor work, or wanted more options with your tuner. Everyone above is correct though, a tuner would really be beneficial to you.

Quick Reply: Price of CFR muffler