Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Recalling 46,000 Baggers??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger That
There is a web site link in one of the posts in the Rushmore forum that you can enter your VIN to check if your bike is on the recall list. Apparently, its bikes built from April through November '14. I live in Florida and my bike never sits for more than a few days, so I'm not worried about any issues but will be bringing it in when getting the 5,000 mile service.

What interlocking brake issue?? I've never heard of any problem with this. Mine has worked flawlessly and would never have one of these beasts without it. Until you've ridden with it for awhile, you just don't know what your missing. It improves the handling of the bike tenfold. I can come to a complete stop with the bars turned all the way using the front brakes without the bike wanting to fall. I wouldn't try that on any touring bike without linked brakes. JMHO
My bike was built Nov 1st, I checked the link and Iam okay, not involved in the recall.
You are 100% correct, when you say you do not know what you are missing if you haven't tried a Rushmore bike.
My 15 is such a refined motorcycle, I forget it's a Harley......LOL

Old 04-25-2015, 05:59 PM
wahdavis
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No recall on my RGS.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:01 PM
GSHOG
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my '14 Limited in September 2013 and it is not on the recall list. I was told it mainly affected later 2014's and most 2015's. That from the warranty coordinator at the local dealership.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:37 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by GSHOG
I bought my '14 Limited in September 2013 and it is not on the recall list. I was told it mainly affected later 2014's and most 2015's. That from the warranty coordinator at the local dealership.
I ordered mine is April 2014. So it's not late 14's and early 15's. It's just luck of the draw I guess Or lack of luck in my case. But I still love my sg issues or not.

Batman.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:44 PM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Roger That- be careful using only that front brake on low speed stops. If I understand
the linked brakes correctly they do not work together at speeds under 15 mph or something like that.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:55 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Just checked the website...

My 2014 has had one recall, which was done.

On both original equipment and Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories intended for these bike models, the hydraulic clutch system may develop a tear in the primarycup (seal) on the master cylinder piston.

Never had a problem before the recall, but took it in. They did the work, but then put the cap on backwards and then overtightened it...so I had to take it back in to fix the leak from the pinched gasket that they messed up doing the recall work.

Sorta reminds me of the heat recall on the rear brake a few years ago...never had a problem...took it in for the recall, and within a month the replaced part failed, so had to take it back in again.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-25-2015, 08:31 PM
RV18Z
Advanced

Well Glad I posted and checked. My 15 SGS is listed needing the recall. Damn a few stories on here make me less excited to have them mess with it. So far no issues with the bike. Only 1100 miles on it though

Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RV18Z
Well Glad I posted and checked. My 15 SGS is listed needing the recall. Damn a few stories on here make me less excited to have them mess with it. So far no issues with the bike. Only 1100 miles on it
Yea I'm with y'all, not real excited about bringing it back in this time. My vin is in this recall but it maybe just the first round and another group will be called later? It don't make sense that all the bikes were called the for the last recall and not this one.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:58 PM
WGBIKE
Stage III

Mine was on the list. Took it in to have the passing lamps flashed to stay on with the high beam. They took care of the recall while i waited.

15 Limited
Pearl Jade over Vivid Black

Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by roadglider1
Roger That- be careful using only that front brake on low speed stops. If I understand
the linked brakes correctly they do not work together at speeds under 15 mph or something like that.
Actually, the linked brakes don't activate until you reach 25mph. Once you exceed 25mph, the linked brakes are activated. They stay activated all the way to a complete stop. They will stay unactivated from a stop all the wat up to 25mph.

Even under unactivated conditions I can use only the front brake without any tipping issues. The lighter front end is a result of a combination of linked ABS brakes, redesigned front fork and triple tree setup and the 19" front wheel as opposed to the heavier 18" front wheel.

This bike feels 100 lbs lighter than my '12 SG was. I find myself frequently whipping this bike around like my old FXDX. Handles far better than my old Wide Glide.

PS: Nice color choice!

Last edited by Roger That; 04-26-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley Recalling 46,000 Baggers??