Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JES lower wind deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 09:58 PM
njyang
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JES lower wind deflectors

Got my 2012 Electra Glide Police a set of JES lower wind deflectors, and I am satisfied. The vision blurring vibration at the helmet level that gives me a headache after a highway ride is gone. Realistically, I still feel minor buffeting and wind noise, but this is the nature of motorcycling. I have not experienced any bike that can give me a true calm air bubble. The JES deflectors make it as good as my Concurs 14 with an aftermarket shield.

I further reduce the extra buffeting by switching my stock 10" windshield with a 6" flip windshield. I have more clean air coming toward my helmet with this set up. I'll add the wedges next. Review is mixed but they are economical enough that they could only help.

Bottom line is I would definitely recommend the JES lower wind deflectors. Another bonus is these deflectors will clear the lower fairing which I will eventually add. The Harley factory deflectors, which are special ordered items, are supposedly too long to work with the lower fairing. Anyway, just want to share my experience. Good day all.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:46 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I also have them on my '13 CVO Ultra.
If you don't already have it, I'd also recommend the Air Fork Baffle that mounts between your forks just below the neck nearing.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:03 AM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use the JES deflectors and the air fork baffle. They do a great job of eliminating buffeting. As a matter of fact, they work a little too well. I take off the deflectors during the hottest part of the summer as they cut a little too much air flow. You'll notice engine heat a little more when using them. That's great during cooler weather, but not mid-summer.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats the difference between the HD and JES units? I'm curious what might justify the 40-50% higher price for JES.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:15 AM
ZenGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bmusg
Whats the difference between the HD and JES units? I'm curious what might justify the 40-50% higher price for JES.
Functionally speaking, I'm not sure there's much difference. At the time I bought my JSE deflectors, HD's only offering was the tapered "fang" design and I didn't like it. I just liked the JSE design better and the black really blended into my vivid black bike. If I were buying today, I would consider the vented Kury design. I think it's looks good and has the added adjustable vents feature.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenGlide
Functionally speaking, I'm not sure there's much difference. At the time I bought my JSE deflectors, HD's only offering was the tapered "fang" design and I didn't like it. I just liked the JSE design better and the black really blended into my vivid black bike. If I were buying today, I would consider the vented Kury design. I think it's looks good and has the added adjustable vents feature.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm on the fence about trying them. For $75-$80 I can almost talk myself into it and if it doesn't work, no big deal. But $140ish is steep if it hits the parts box after a couple of rides.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:49 AM
ZenGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bmusg
Gotcha, thanks. I'm on the fence about trying them. For $75-$80 I can almost talk myself into it and if it doesn't work, no big deal. But $140ish is steep if it hits the parts box after a couple of rides.
My JES deflectors were about $100 new, but maybe because they were black and not chrome. You can also buy the unpainted version for $78 and have them painted later to match your bike. Or, you could keep an eye out for some used ones on our classifieds or eBay. You see them them pop up occasionally in all brands and models.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:30 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Got mine used from a member and just never got around to putting them on. Maybe I will...

Old 04-27-2015, 09:22 PM
njyang
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the unfinished version $85 shipped, has that dark metallic look to it, and I am ok leaving it as is. May sand it down and give it a clear code if it start rusting.