Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker-led-white-amber-halo-headlight-harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:36 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Daymaker-led-white-amber-halo-headlight-harley

Anybody tried one of these LED halo headlamps? I wonder if the halo feature improves the visibility from angles in daytime? From reading sounds like you can hook separate switch to toggle the halo ring which is cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Motorcycle...7c4569&vxp=mtr

Last edited by acchd; 05-15-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:44 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,960 Likes on 1,713 Posts

How does one turn on just the "angel eyes" I wonder.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

There another one on eBay sold by Octane Lighting for $249 looks like same Chicom light. Here's what they say in ad.

HIS LISTING IS FOR ONE NEW 7 INCH ROUND 12 VOLT HIGH/LOW BEAM LED PROJECTOR MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT - SUPER BRIGHT 6500K LEDS. THIS HEADLIGHT INCLUDES TWO DIFFERENT COLOR HALO RINGS INSIDE TO GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF USING WHITE OR AMBER AS YOUR HALO RING COLOR. THESE ARE EXTREMELY BRIGHT AND LIGHT UP WHITE COMPARED THE STANDARD STOCK YELLOW LIGHT HEADLIGHT BULBS. INCLUDES PLUG AND PLAY HEADLIGHT WIRING PLUG THAT WILL PLUG DIRECTLY INTO THE STOCK HARNESS. THE HALO IS WIRED SEPARATELY AND WILL NEED TO BE SPLICED INTO THE HEADLIGHT PLUG OR CONNECTED TO A SEPARATE SWITCH. MODIFICATION TO BUCKET OR BRACKETS MAY BE REQUIRED. WE WILL TAKE EXTRA CARE IN PACKAGING.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,960 Likes on 1,713 Posts

So it appears you would have to wire the halo and/or angel eyes to separate switches. Either way, it looks cool.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:04 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dawg
So it appears you would have to wire the halo and/or angel eyes to separate switches. Either way, it looks cool.
Hey Dawg yep I think it'd look real cool with a white halo and the Custom Dynamics Ringz for turn signals I use. Just haven't heard anyone report on the performance of one of these headlamps be interesting to hear some input from someone that's got one.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:27 PM
51Moe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Halo Ring light from Octane lighting. It was a regular headlight and not the Daymaker. I had it wired with a separate switch as well as signals. The switch turned it on with the "party lights" LEDs. I attached a vid of the signals which was prior to the resistor hence the fast blink.

Last edited by 51Moe; 04-26-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:19 AM
solidliquid
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the headlight on my bike and I love it. The halo is super bright and the "daymaker" LED provides excellent lighting as well. You need to buy the headlight adapter for the Harley daymaker if you do not have it on your bike already. It cost me about 52 bucks shipped. I will try and post some pictures of it on my bike. There is another member on the forum who has one on his bike as well and it looks great.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:02 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by solidliquid
I have the headlight on my bike and I love it. The halo is super bright and the "daymaker" LED provides excellent lighting as well. You need to buy the headlight adapter for the Harley daymaker if you do not have it on your bike already. It cost me about 52 bucks shipped. I will try and post some pictures of it on my bike. There is another member on the forum who has one on his bike as well and it looks great.
Hey thanks solidliquid some pics would be great! I was wondering if the mounting bucket would need replacement that's good info. Let me know who you purchased from as I see several overseas eBay sellers little cheaper than Octane.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Smash
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by solidliquid
Hey Solid, so what is the part number of that adapter and how do I know if I need it? I'm shopping for a new headlight and this looks interesting. You have any pics of the light on your bike?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 AM
solidliquid
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The part number is 68124-04B and I purchased it from Kutter HD. You should be able to find them online. The total was $51.05 with shipping and I got the part in three days. You will know if you need it, if your headlight basket does not open completely. If it looks like a cereal bowl with just a 2 - 3 inch opening, you will probably need it. I am going to post some pictures today of the headlight when I can take one.

Last edited by solidliquid; 04-27-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Incomplete answer

Quick Reply: Daymaker-led-white-amber-halo-headlight-harley