Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing 'Windshield' for '92 FLHS Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Xandros
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing 'Windshield' for '92 FLHS Electra Glide

Does anyone know where I can get a windshield that will fit the fairing on a '92 FLHS Electra Glide? I had my local Harley dealer order one for me, but the mounting holes don't line up. I'm looking for one that is 9" high, but would consider anything close to that.
I have seen the batwing ones, but they all seem to be specifically fit for the batwing fairings.
I have attached a picture that shows the front of the bike... it's the only picture I have available right now, but can attach another picture later that shows the view from the other side if necessary.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Fairing 'Windshield' for '92 FLHS Electra Glide-6.jpg  
Old 05-03-2015, 12:32 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

so that is not a stock FLHS windscreen- the FLHS didn't have any fairing, but a windscreen similar to the roadking ( which was based on common owner mods to the FLHS "Sport Glide").

as a matter of fact that looks like a FLHTC...ElectraGlide Classic

if it has 5 screws straight through and 2 underneath, it is the 1995 and earlier type, which National still makes, check the Drag specialities catalog

mike

Old 05-03-2015, 03:19 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Long Ride Shields, one of our sponsors, offers windshields for those years.

http://www.longrideshields.com/Searc...s.asp?Cat=1823

Old 05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Xandros
6th Gear

Thanks mkguitar, I'll consider that when looking up the proper windshield.
I'll take another picture tomorrow of the screw positioning and will post again.

Originally Posted by mkguitar
so that is not a stock FLHS windscreen- the FLHS didn't have any fairing, but a windscreen similar to the roadking ( which was based on common owner mods to the FLHS "Sport Glide").

as a matter of fact that looks like a FLHTC...ElectraGlide Classic

if it has 5 screws straight through and 2 underneath, it is the 1995 and earlier type, which National still makes, check the Drag specialities catalog

mike

Old 05-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Xandros
6th Gear

Thanks for the new (to me) resource IzzoQuazo! I'll check 'em out first thing tomorrow!

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Long Ride Shields, one of our sponsors, offers windshields for those years.

http://www.longrideshields.com/Searc...s.asp?Cat=1823

Old 05-04-2015, 07:07 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

If you didn't buy the bike new it is possible you have the H-D FLHS batwing kit, which is essentially a glass-fibre shovel batwing with dedicated FLHS brackets. If so you probably need a late shovel windshield, which has 5 holes along the straight bottom edge. Cee Baileys sell them. This is my '83 shovel fairing on my 1990 FLHS, with home-made brackets, showing the chrome windshield mounting strip:

Attached Thumbnails Fairing 'Windshield' for '92 FLHS Electra Glide-tomtom-final-2_e.jpg  
Old 05-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Xandros
6th Gear

Thanks grbrown, that looks like mine... I finally got around to posting a pic... here it is...

Old 05-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Xandros
6th Gear

I should add... my father bought the bike new back in '92. He purchased all the add on accessories at the same time.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:02 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I've only ever seen one of those kits in the flesh, which were darned expensive to buy new IMHO! Your mounting brackets are neater than my home-made efforts, as one might expect.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Xandros
6th Gear

Interesting, glad it was all purchased and setup back in '92 instead of dealing with the headache of looking for parts now.
I'm surprised that simply looking for a windshield has turned out to be a challenge. I emailed Cee Bailey's and their only suggested windshields were for a stock bike with no fairing. I even attached the picture showing what I currently have. They offer custom windshields, so I'm surprised they didn't offer that up as an option. I emailed them back... waiting for another reply...

Originally Posted by grbrown
I've only ever seen one of those kits in the flesh, which were darned expensive to buy new IMHO! Your mounting brackets are neater than my home-made efforts, as one might expect.

Quick Reply: Fairing 'Windshield' for '92 FLHS Electra Glide