Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navi system on the uc limited 2014....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,659 Likes on 946 Posts

All I can say is it sucks, I have one on my SGS Most of the time I don't get lost, when I do need it, its just ok. All I can tell you is when you put in a dentation in it make sure to set it up for what king of roads you want to run.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:44 AM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by touchdown
All I can say is it sucks, I have one on my SGS Most of the time I don't get lost, when I do need it, its just ok. All I can tell you is when you put in a dentation in it make sure to set it up for what king of roads you want to run.
Touchdown, I have spent a little time with the HD Ride Planner and the Boom Nav and found it fairly user friendly. When planning a route do not use waypoints as the software will try to go a more direct route. On RP 1st make your route with destinations then go back, right click and select change to waypoint. Save your ride and import. Very user friendly nav system in my opinion. Thanks, Grant.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:38 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gwellis
Touchdown, I have spent a little time with the HD Ride Planner and the Boom Nav and found it fairly user friendly. When planning a route do not use waypoints as the software will try to go a more direct route. On RP 1st make your route with destinations then go back, right click and select change to waypoint. Save your ride and import. Very user friendly nav system in my opinion. Thanks, Grant.
i can go into hd ride planner and download automatically to my navi system?? how do i do that?

Old 05-25-2015, 12:50 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
i can go into hd ride planner and download automatically to my navi system?? how do i do that?
Not directly. You create a trip, route, whatever you want to call it. Name it. Download onto a thumb drive, Put the thumb drive into the port on your bike and import to your Boom system.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:11 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ok so its just like updating the radio system software...ok cool

Old 05-25-2015, 01:29 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
ok so its just like updating the radio system software...ok cool
Yes, and you can store rides in the unit itself. You can also record rides and save them.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:31 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Take the time to read the manual on the HD site. Also, play with the ride planner for a couple of hours and you will find it is super easy to use.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:32 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

cool thanks guys.. i feel a lil better...hehehe

Old 05-25-2015, 01:44 PM
BlackMarshmallow
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AAR from this weekends trip

So as an after action/lessons learned:
Ride planner works, wish I knew more before I planned the trip. 500+ miles roundtrip from Olympic peninsula, to Winthrop, WA and back.
1. Yes, plan using destinations
2. Yes, convert to waypoints.
3. REVIEW THE ROUTE AT STREET LEVEL. Before you save it, before you download it to your thumbdrive. I wish you could pre-flight the route on the bike.
4. If you leave the destinations as "destinations" you will have to select each segment of the ride individually. If it happens to end at the intersection of oh, I don't know say SR530/I90 you will find yourself learning to use the joysticks quicktime.
5. If you have already passed the beginning of the next segment, don't start at the beginning of the route it will try to route you back to it. Select either the next waypoint or the destination.
6. Did I mention REVIEW the route at STREET Level? I set several waypoints to force it to take the streets I wanted and somehow on the bike, the waypoint shifted 200 yards off the road several times. Result? rolling down the intended path of travel, it wanted a left turn down a sidestreet to go 200 yards and come back and insisted I do that until the end of that segment! I went back to RP and reviewed it. . .and it looked fine. I still don't know why.

If I think of more I'll update this post.

R/

k

Old 05-25-2015, 02:17 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Blackmarshmellow, How did you review the route at street level?

Quick Reply: Navi system on the uc limited 2014....