Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navi system on the uc limited 2014....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:28 PM
gwellis
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you could pre-flight the route on the bike.

You can. The system lets you pre ride your route.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like wednesday im going to test this out. going to plan a ride and see how it works out.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:49 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gwellis
Take the time to read the manual on the HD site. Also, play with the ride planner for a couple of hours and you will find it is super easy to use.
"g", i have used the ride planner before a few years ago but just printed out directions....i never really had a navi system to work with per say. i have always just put in a town that i wanted to go to and used my phone with google maps and it got me there. so i am hoping this will allow me to save some battery power on my phone so i dint have to ride with it plugged in. i already use my phone to stream music and to control my gopro. when u say read the manual on the hd site. are you refering to the 126 page boom audio manual besaude i have read that through a few times and it really didnt answer my questions. is there something else i can read up on?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:07 PM
gwellis
Tourer

I was referring to the 244 2015 page manual. You can download the PDF and save to your desktop. While I am not an expert with it, I played with it all winter and have a pretty good understanding. One thing, when building a route on ride planner (RP), always zoom in on the street before creating destinations (change to waypoints after you build your route as the RP program will try to route your waypoints to shortest route). Zoom in so that you place your marker on the road. The system as of update 1.18 allows you to ignore a waypoint if the GPS thinks you missed it. You can preview your complete route in advance while sitting in your garage or you can simulate the entire route. It is slow though. The system walks you through your trip step by step while in your garage drinking beer. I can answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability. Grant.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:31 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks i appreciate it...im going to do a test run wednesday. not really sure where to go so i have to figure that out first. i will prob go somewhere that i already know so that if i screw up on the navi i will know how to get home...lmao

Old 05-25-2015, 08:32 PM
BlackMarshmallow
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gwellis
I wish you could pre-flight the route on the bike.

You can. The system lets you pre ride your route.
hmmmm, thanks for that. . .back to the drawing board.

As far as looking at it at street level, I just zoomed into the map as far as I could.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

hey grant,
ok so i built a map for a ride tomorrow on the ride planner and down loaded it to a thumb drive and uploaded it to my bike. the printed directions are exactly what i entered but the route on the navi system is taking me onto the florida turnpike which is not what i entered or what printed out. why is it doing this.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
hey grant,
ok so i built a map for a ride tomorrow on the ride planner and down loaded it to a thumb drive and uploaded it to my bike. the printed directions are exactly what i entered but the route on the navi system is taking me onto the florida turnpike which is not what i entered or what printed out. why is it doing this.
It's probably using quickest routing in the bike. Just to develop consistency between what I build up on the PC & what gets displayed/used on the bike, I add more waypoints, usually just after an intersection (not in the intersection) so that my route uses the shortest routing/roads between waypoints, then set the bike's NAV default to shortest route. This generally fixes these discrepancies. I also use a utility called Route Converter to verify the routing looks correct before importing to the bike.

http://www.routeconverter.com/home/en

Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

yes that would make sense. if i change the navi to scenic it may fix that problem also one of the roads it is taking me on is a toll road. maybe i can just tell the navi to avoid toll roads and it will rerout me the proper way....i see where this can work but it does take some time to properly set up
hey thanks for your help. i will let you know how it works out.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:14 PM
gwellis
Tourer

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
hey grant,
The system can use a lot of waypoints. Start them as destinations 1st, then right click on them and change to waypoints. Use a lot of waypoints to dictate your route.

Quick Reply: Navi system on the uc limited 2014....