Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CFR Slip Ons (2011 Street Glide)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:14 AM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker65
Since we've got your attention, how are the Kerker/Supertrapp 4" Stouts?
I've seen them in person, but have only heard them online - online, they sound incredible!

How are they for performance and overall quality?

Thanks!

(Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack this thread.)

Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,440 Likes on 21,391 Posts

There's some CFR knock offs on ebay that guys are on here are very happy with.
If I was in the market I would check em' out on here and on ebay.
$600-700 bucks is nuts.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:30 AM
ATM983
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Here are a few pics of what I have in stock right now. I have 4 sets left.

This is the step cut which is only available through HogPro. Pm or call pricing and I can ship today. With CFR's get while the getting is good as it could be 6 months until more come in.

I wish those were chrome! The stepped tip is cool and unique. Looks pretty rad!

Old 05-24-2015, 02:37 AM
ATM983
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I have it narrowed down to a few now, thanks to the responses! 1.) I am a major fan of the CFR's. A few of my buddies have them and I think they sound pretty sweet. 2.) The Bassani DNT's sound pretty similar to me. I haven heard them in person, but they seem to sound good. 3.) Supertrapp Stout / Kerker Stout...I listened to a few clips and dont seem to notice much of a difference..probably because I havent heard them in person, but they also sound awesom. 4.) The MSG's sound cool as well. Dont seem to be as loud, just a difference "noise". Performance wise, they seem to dyno better than the CFR, if I am not mistaken.

Does anyone have any input on these. I have found a few clips of the DNT's that I like. Anyone have any feeback on these or any of the others? Thanks for the input!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ATM983
I wish those were chrome! The stepped tip is cool and unique. Looks pretty rad!
I have lots on order. They will be ready one day (hopefully) soon. I run the step cut chrome on my bike and they are gorgeous and provide the deepest sound I have ever heard. Personally, I'm not a guy who puts knock off's on my bike. I spent the money on the bike, I might as well outfit it with what I really want as opposed to a fugazi.

To each their own. I prefer to support the company who actually took the time to design and produce the product right here in the USA as opposed to a company that survives by knocking off everyone else's products with made in China garbage.

There is a good reason that our economy is in the shape that it is.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:34 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have lots on order. They will be ready one day (hopefully) soon. I run the step cut chrome on my bike and they are gorgeous and provide the deepest sound I have ever heard. Personally, I'm not a guy who puts knock off's on my bike. I spent the money on the bike, I might as well outfit it with what I really want as opposed to a fugazi.

To each their own. I prefer to support the company who actually took the time to design and produce the product right here in the USA as opposed to a company that survives by knocking off everyone else's products with made in China garbage.

Agreed!!!

Old 06-04-2015, 10:17 AM
jkloeker
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

While I most definitely agree with everything you said, I think at least SOME of the people buying knockoffs are doing so due to availability. If CFR stepped up production, I think sales would follow a linear curve. You can't buy what isn't being made.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jkloeker
While I most definitely agree with everything you said, I think at least SOME of the people buying knockoffs are doing so due to availability. If CFR stepped up production, I think sales would follow a linear curve. You can't buy what isn't being made.

I am sure this is part of the equation but also figure $199 vs $600. That is a fair amount of dough.

Drew

Old 06-04-2015, 11:16 PM
FlyByWire
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure this is part of the equation but also figure $199 vs $600. That is a fair amount of dough.

Drew
I ended up buying the knockoffs because no one had the real deal...

Now that I have the real ones back on the bike, I'll probably give away the DNA's..

......I should have just taken them off the bike before I sold it to you, would have made things easier...

Last edited by FlyByWire; 06-04-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
spf62
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joker65
Since we've got your attention, how are the Kerker/Supertrapp 4" Stouts?
I've seen them in person, but have only heard them online - online, they sound incredible!

How are they for performance and overall quality?

Thanks!

(Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack this thread.)
I'm late reading this..but I put Kerker 4"Stouts on my 2014 SGS. Now I'm putting on CFR's. The Kerkers sounded like a hammer hitting a tin roof

Quick Reply: CFR Slip Ons (2011 Street Glide)