Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Ultra Limited...talk to me, Goose...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:04 PM
JDHunz
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default '13 Ultra Limited...talk to me, Goose...

So, looking at a '13 Limited with 2800 miles. Currently riding an '05 FLHT that's been bumped to 95 and has a stage 1 done. I've got a KTP on it that the wife loves and other bits and pieces to make it mine. My bike has just over 11k and I've been the only owner...so, aside from the obvious, what advice can you guys give me?

I haven't talked number with them yet and not interested in a Rushmore. I'd be pulling off my Truck Lite trio and Custom Dynamics rings to put on this one. There's nothing wrong with my bike...I'd just like to get into the better suspension and have some of the comfort features of a new bike.

What say ye?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:13 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Ride more...

Old 05-23-2015, 04:35 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

traded a 2000 Ultra with 95 for a 2012 limited back in October. Great upgrade. Like the 6 speed and the heated grips and the ride is better also. I did just buy a Road Zeppelin for it on Ebay.. Now that sucker is comfortable. Had a mustang on the 2000 and liked it but the RZ is hands above the Mustang..... You would enjoy it but there is nothing wrong with keeping the 05. The 103 on my 12 seems to have a little more pep than the 95 but I'm not a speed freak anyway.....

Old 05-23-2015, 04:44 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

What you got against Rushmores?

Yours is a 10, almost 11 year old bike with 11k?

Sounds like you have yours where you like it. I'd keep it.

Honestly, you aren't riding it enough to justify the cost of buying newer.

My 2 cents.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:04 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Ride more...
..... that's what i was thinking' , but was unsure of a tactful wayta say it

... my '05s got >50k and will be lookin' at the new ones this fall for similar reasons
...... were it not for the new RG fairing and my insistence on a particular color, i'd be interested in a garage queen '13
..... if your dealers' giving you value for your '05, not overpricing the '13 & it's the color ya want (or can live with) i'd go for it.
......... them LTDs are really nice rides
..... and @ 1k miles/yr, you'll likely never need another one

Old 05-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Ride more...
11K in 10 years, sheesh, I could *borrow* someons bike and do that!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:13 PM
JDHunz
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow...thanks for all of the "ride more" comments...very helpful.

FYI - when my son had major health issues shortly after purchasing the bike, I put him as my priority, not riding, so sorry my lifestyle and his survival does not live up to all you real bikers...

Old 05-23-2015, 06:26 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

No need to apologize, you ask a question, get honest answers, and get butt-hurt.

Nobody CARES how much you ride.

At less than 1000 miles a year, to buy a new one would cost you more dollars than you are putting miles on per month.

83 miles per month average does NOT justify buying a newer bike, to most people, sorry.

Unless you have more dollars than sense, that is.

Nobody judged your past issues. It sounds like you are past them, now go ride.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHunz
Wow...thanks for all of the "ride more" comments...very helpful.

FYI - when my son had major health issues shortly after purchasing the bike, I put him as my priority, not riding, so sorry my lifestyle and his survival does not live up to all you real bikers...
Because we knew that. Sorry for your difficulties, it must be/have been difficult. I did post a smily, we jest a lot around here.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:58 PM
2013_FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 1,043 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHunz
So, looking at a '13 Limited with 2800 miles. Currently riding an '05 FLHT that's been bumped to 95 and has a stage 1 done. I've got a KTP on it that the wife loves and other bits and pieces to make it mine. My bike has just over 11k and I've been the only owner...so, aside from the obvious, what advice can you guys give me?

I haven't talked number with them yet and not interested in a Rushmore. I'd be pulling off my Truck Lite trio and Custom Dynamics rings to put on this one. There's nothing wrong with my bike...I'd just like to get into the better suspension and have some of the comfort features of a new bike.

What say ye?
Is there a reason you do not want a Rushmore?
My 2 cents. You really have to consider a 2015 if you want a better suspension and new features. I own a 2013 and I love it but to be honest a 2015 has my bike beat in many ways. Better suspension, brakes, lighting, engine, clutch, gps, stereo etc... Wait a year or two and buy a used 15 limited.

Quick Reply: '13 Ultra Limited...talk to me, Goose...