Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOM Audio Fairing Speaker Upgrade Experience

Old 05-26-2015, 12:49 PM
lakedrum03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOM Audio Fairing Speaker Upgrade Experience

I recently bought the Boom Fairing Speakers for my SG.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-08-7718110--1

After a long ride this weekend, I am very pleased with this install. They are a huge improvement over stock. Much clearer and more full than the stock speakers. Installation was quick and easy. Took me about an hour total. I would buy these again.

P.S. Yes I am sure there are better aftermarket units out there.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:03 PM
djcos1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

I also have the same speakers in my `11 SG. Are you using an amp in addition? Still could sound fuller ,more bass.(my opinion) i am considering Boom fairing amp#76000070. Dealer tells me it adds a lot to the sound. I know there are tons of aftermarket options. just want to keep it simple.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:08 PM
circlenine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine as well. I wouldn't mind an amp, but I have the iPod conversion kit and the internal radio antenna, and supposedly (or at least I've been told) there isn't enough room for the amp.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:31 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my 2cents. I had the Boom speakers in my '12 SG, not that substantial of a difference between them and stock. Then had a Rockford Fosgate amp put in with Booms, they wouldn't last long with the amp, so I got a pair of Infinity Kappas......WOW !!!! What a major change. Crisp sound with bass and treble holding up at 75mph via Bluetooth receiver plugged in to the aux. port. and all for less than $350.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:37 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by dugan
Here's my 2cents. I had the Boom speakers in my '12 SG, not that substantial of a difference between them and stock. Then had a Rockford Fosgate amp put in with Booms, they wouldn't last long with the amp, so I got a pair of Infinity Kappas......WOW !!!! What a major change. Crisp sound with bass and treble holding up at 75mph via Bluetooth receiver plugged in to the aux. port. and all for less than $350.
How do they hold up in the rain and such? I dont believe they are marine speakers, I just worry about spending the money on nice speakers only to have them get wet once and be trashed.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:38 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by djcos1
I also have the same speakers in my `11 SG. Are you using an amp in addition? Still could sound fuller ,more bass.(my opinion) i am considering Boom fairing amp#76000070. Dealer tells me it adds a lot to the sound. I know there are tons of aftermarket options. just want to keep it simple.
Guys check out the audio section for recommendations. The same reason we put Rinehart, Vance and Hines, Power Vision, etc. is because there are some fantastic aftermarket options and in the case of audio, it's not even close AND priced much better. There are a ton of better options that the amp listed.

Glad you are liking the Boom's. In the end that's all that really matters....but know there's some great resources on this board.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:25 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by djcos1
This is also my experience. I have had them for two years. While a mild improvement over stock I'm kind of meh on them.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kylebru1
How do they hold up in the rain and such? I dont believe they are marine speakers, I just worry about spending the money on nice speakers only to have them get wet once and be trashed.
I'm using the stock grills, and it would have to be a major monsoon to get water in there to damage the speakers. The Kappas have poly cones not paper so water damage isn't a concern for me.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:29 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I upgraded to the boom speakers and amp. While it's not the end all.....it works fine. Yes the aftermarket is priced better and makes more noise. But for me. I went to the dealer, they had it in stock, tore the fairing off and installed in the same day.....can't complain.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:47 PM
kylebru1
Tourer

Originally Posted by dugan
I'm using the stock grills, and it would have to be a major monsoon to get water in there to damage the speakers. The Kappas have poly cones not paper so water damage isn't a concern for me.
Nice, what amp do you use? Head unit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOOM Audio Fairing Speaker Upgrade Experience