Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking Limited in Toy Hauler

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 06:34 PM
steve3410
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something else to think about. Towing a box with a 1 ton is commercial and needs log books and stop at scales. We built our toter for this reason and it was getting hard to find hotels near some tracks.
Steve

Old 06-28-2015, 08:09 PM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

Badlands, what type and size toy hauler is it that you have? The wife and I are looking at a getting one also. We need one that can get an 04 ultra and a 13 street glide in, also needs to be 1/2 ton towable cause buying a new truck isn't in the cards. We are looking at the grey wolf series 26rr. Or if anyone knows any other haulers, not going 5th wheel in a 1500 Silverado so needs to be a bumper pull.

Thanks
Kevin

Old 06-28-2015, 09:21 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by steve3410
Something else to think about. Towing a box with a 1 ton is commercial and needs log books and stop at scales. We built our toter for this reason and it was getting hard to find hotels near some tracks.
Steve
Not sure what your referring to as a "Box", but I tow my 38" 16'000 lb toy hauler with my 1 ton and it'n not considered commercial here in NC.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:45 PM
flex58
Advanced

Sounds like a lot of fun, Enjoy!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:16 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
Just saying, I've pulled my 30 ft Work and Play twice now round trip across the country and have never had my alarm go off, but the FOB was always in the front bedroom closet drawer twenty five or so feet away.
Slapshot12, I've always loaded and unload my bikes by myself and I never have had an issue with the Electra Glide Limited bottoming out going up and down the ramp. I do lay down a couple pieces of scrap wood at the top edge of the ramp on the ground to smooth the transition between the ground and the ramp.
Take hwy. 97 North and visit Crater Lake, the Sister's area, Mount Hound, Columbia River gorge, Mount St. Helen, etc.
Then when your heading South do the Coast, It's a lot nicer having the views, the turn outs to Light Houses and the Beaches on your side of the road.
Thanks james. I looked at it yesterday when I was adjusting my wd hitch. With the tongue raised up, I don't see any issues getting it in. The angle is really cut down then when it's on the truck. I get the atv's is at any angle, but the bike will not go it with it on the truck. I have the front wheel chock placed so the bike will be right around the wheels to minimize the bouncing around. My plan is the chock up front with a strap forward, one strap of each crash bar on the front of the saddle bags to each side, and a strap off the rear wheel to the rear. I have e-track that will work both the atv's and the bike. I probably will stick my 4' pieces of 2x6 that I use for leveling the wheels on the ramp outside of the wheels so I can put my feet down if needed. I have several thin pieces I can put in front of the ramp.

We're staying at iron horse rv in NC after a day or two at Stone Mountain on the way up.

Last edited by slapshot12; 06-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:55 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Just purchased a 18' avenger. We pick it up this thursday. My question to the masses is how did you anchor the wheel chock down? Did you just leave it just sitting on the floor and then strap the bike to the tie downs provided? Thanks

Batman and Robyn

Old 07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

I use Condor chocks and with one I use the Condor TK3000 Trailer Adaptor kit. On the second chock I use the Condor Universal E-Track Adapter.
http://store.condor-lift.com/

http://store.condor-lift.com/docs/pi...kit_manual.pdf

http://store.condor-lift.com/product...dTrack-Adapter

I put 3 rows of e-track in the trailer to attach the adapter and to tie down to.
I use 4 Powertye Big Daddy straps on each bike pulling forward into the chock.
http://powertye.com/store/index.php

1st picture is the Condor TK3000. Last picture is the E-track adapter.

Last edited by Vernal; 07-06-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:56 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

That's great for a trailer but not a toy hauler. Need something that stays flat to the floor not a bracket sticking up.

Batman

Old 07-06-2015, 09:40 PM
476redhot
6th Gear

I am also considering buying a toy hauler what size garage do you have? is a ten foot garage sufficient for an ultra?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:19 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I can haul two dressers in here.
Plus sleep 8.

Quick Reply: Taking Limited in Toy Hauler