Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Bike --- Security options

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 03:56 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerscum
When you say the alarm was bypassed, bypassed how? I once accidently took the main fuse out of mine & the alarm went nutz.
If the ignition was not locked, you turn on the bike and pull the main fuse. No alarm at this point.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:06 PM
da Celt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot about that manual bypass. Is that documented anywhere other than the papers I pitched to go ride as soon as I bought the bike (8 yrs ago)??

Old 06-26-2015, 04:20 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Originally Posted by RBowers View Post

Did you by chance change the factory security code from 31313 to something else??

Do you not understand what a 'factory security code' is, how to change it, or what?

no, could someone please enlighten me as how this 31313 is used to start my bike?

Old 06-26-2015, 04:26 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
no, could someone please enlighten me as how this 31313 is used to start my bike?
If you're serious, it is possible to enter the security code using the turn signal switches to bypass the security that prevents the scooter from starting.

However, when I bought my scooter, the security code was 11111. 31313 wouldn't have done a thing.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:29 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,603 Likes on 5,172 Posts

A good dog and a 45. Sorry your bike is gone. But Crags list and ebay make such a wonderful place to sell the parts there is little that can be done to stop it.
Bike comes with a pass code you are suppose to change it when you get the bike.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:30 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
If you're serious, it is possible to enter the security code using the turn signal switches to bypass the security that prevents the scooter from starting.

However, when I bought my scooter, the security code was 11111. 31313 wouldn't have done a thing.
And mine delivered with something totally different than this. I have since changed it.

I had a buddy that bought the security system and was bragging that his was more secure than mine. I told him to walk inside and I would have his bike in 3 minutes. He went inside and I pulled his bag, turned the bike on and pulled the main fuse. I then secured the bag and dropped the side cover in the bag and coasted his bike down his inclined driveway.

You have to lock the ignition if you want to make it harder for the criminals.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:03 PM
akodust
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
This is how to I disarm my 09 Ultra CVO...You gotta be quick and accurate or the alarm will go off. Try this...Make sure the fob is well away from the bike.

1. Turn on the ignition...Leave starter button Off...do not start bike.
2. Quickly, Press the left and right turn signal, as if you are turning on emergency flashers.
3. Look at the mileage read out. Should be blinking.
4. Press the left turn signal 3 times for the first number...3.
5. When you get to the number press the Right turn signal once...to switch to the next digit.
6. Repeat step 4...until you get to the next number.
7. Repeat step 5..to switch to the next digit.
8. After you put your numbers in correctly it should churp and you should be able to start the bike.

It takes a little practice...but well worth it.

Not exactly sure now how to change to default code...I'll check my manual if you need it!!!

Hope this works...Sometime when sitting around cleaning the bike and brew...I make sure I can put my code in correctly. Just in case I cannot find the fob.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,547 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Even in my garage, the bike is cable locked to a pole that supports the roof. If I didn't have a pole, it would be cable locked to a 1" thick eyelet anchored into the concrete.

I don't worry about it at the house.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:36 PM
RBowers
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

31313 was the factory stored code for both my '08 and my '12 and was printed in the owners manual

Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks guys!!!! Didn't try it yet. I knew there was a way to override system. But no idea how. I will practice this over the weekend.....

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Stolen Bike --- Security options