Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperShox

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:40 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

I guess I can hang in there a little bit longer...

Old 08-02-2015, 09:45 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Not sure if anyone shared this already but here is a review on these shocks from Bogiediver.

http://bogiesreviews.webs.com/Review...per%20Shox.pdf

Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 PM
sel53
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

One thing I would like to hear, eventually, is what spring rate they ship with for various riding conditions (one up, two up, road king vs limited, etc).

Old 08-02-2015, 04:43 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by sel53
One thing I would like to hear, eventually, is what spring rate they ship with for various riding conditions (one up, two up, road king vs limited, etc).
call them, real good about talking to ya, they are adjustable for 1or 2 up, not sure of the springs

Old 08-03-2015, 10:07 PM
sprinter1551
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 06 Streetglide, have been running on the 13" HD air shocks since new, removed the 12" shocks after about a month. I use to run the SuperShox on my sprint car 10 years ago and knew the quality and support I would get from SuperShox. I am not sure what the spring rate is, but they do have a standard and HD spring. I ride 90% 2-up and have a tour pack on my bike and use the standard spring (I am about 255, wife around 115). They provide a setup chart for reference but recommend you set them to 11-3/8 eye to eye fully loaded and just ride. Adjustment is as easy as turning the large nut on the body, adjusting just by hand, no tools. Ride is amazing, like being in a luxury car. Where I used to yell back to my wife "bump" when I saw railroad tracks or bridge coming, now we just float across. Good compression and smooth rebound with a nice controlled transition. Best $600 I have spent on my bike......you know the saying, happy wife, happy life....my wife LOVES them.

If you have any questions, just give them a call, they are very good people and they love talking about shocks! Lol

Old 08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed the Super Shox about an hour ago and took the bike for a ride over some crappy New England roads.

They give a nice smooth ride absorbing the worst frost heaved highway joints to the point I was no longer getting launched off the seat. The control over the bump through a 30mph dipping and rising corner doing 50mph was good. The bike may handle a little better with the $1600.00 Ohlins but I'm not sure. I need to install the new front end and see how it performs with both sets of shocks. Once the front end is done it will be easier to feel what the *** end is doing.

Still have to ride two up and see how they perform. Preload adjustment is easy and the engraved settings are easy to see.

Oh, 2000 road king, I'm 225#, 32 inseam. Came set at "3" which handles and rides well however I set them at 2.5 and they soaked up the highway joint speed bump and still handled well through that turn.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-04-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 PM
wethead103
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi guys, just installed a set of Super Shox on my 14 limited last week and went on a 1800 mi. Ride. Wow!..what a difference over the Air shocks, it made the ride more enjoyable and less fatigue. Only adjusted them twice on my ride to fine tune them. Love the 3" travel and ease of adjustment. I would recommend these shocks to anyone who who wants to trash the piece of **** air shocks!!
Good luck in your decision

Old 08-04-2015, 01:47 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Thanks for the report Sky, looking forward to more comments after a few more miles.
This may well be the route I go.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:54 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Rode with a 140# passenger. Handled and rode GREAT!

Try these Made in USA shocks. Especially if you have a road or street glide, those shocks suck!!!!

Old 08-04-2015, 03:43 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Features:
Highly developed Deflective Disc Valving.
Seal Gas Chamber
High Strength, Low Friction Shaft
Easy to Adjust Spring Pre Load
Graduated Spring Pre Load
Spherical Bearing Mounts
Anodized Finish
Lower Ride Height
Heavy Weight Option
Custom Colors Available
Trike Solution Available
Money Back Guarantee
Benefits: