Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperShox

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:12 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A made in USA shock with a 30 day money back guaranty. Price is on the website.

I wish someone could engineer a true 4" stroke (not including the rubber bumper) 13" long shock.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:43 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
A made in USA shock with a 30 day money back guaranty. Price is on the website.

I wish someone could engineer a true 4" stroke (not including the rubber bumper) 13" long shock.
I see both Indian and Vic claim 4.5" to 4.7" rear suspension travel. I wouldn't trade my Harley for either of those bikes but an upgrade to a single shock, linkage system should get us that kind of travel.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:10 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
We'll just have to agree to disagree..... and I certainly didn't read any *hit talking about this product.... just an opinion based on someone's experience

You are the only one getting all spun up over this.

You seem to have your panties in a bunch over the "O fanboys".... sorry, I didn't realize you had seen, inspected, and rode both and know what's up, while us uninformed are just guessing....

your experience is noted...
So what you're saying is you really don't know anything about any of these shocks but you don't like someone using the word "Fanboy".
Problem is, there are fanboys. Dude could slap a baby and half the forum would be like, "He sure told him! Punch that Baby-Mama too!" lol JK
Some of these guys spent thousands on 'that guy's' shocks and their opinion is going to be slighted no matter what. Hard for any new product to walk out of that shadow.

Is what it is... don't let it get to you.

Last edited by lp; 06-29-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Bill03E; 07-01-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:57 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the looks from the videos that's a real nice improvement for sure. Thanks for the links

Old 06-29-2015, 04:42 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E
The thing is us O fan boys as I guess we are called now, the O shocks from "that guy" are custom valved for riding style, weight,etc.
I don't know anything about the shocks that the OP is talking about, but that is why all of us "fan boys" love those O shocks.
I say there are other shocks, if that's what you want then buy em, no skin off my nose, you may be satisfied with others.
Oh I never said 'that guy' doesn't make fine modifications to 'O' shocks or that those shocks aren't just the awesome-est.

Just sayin fanboys will have a million reasons no other shock will measure up. Kinda like you just proved.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by w10642
Per the Super Shox website:
What style of shock are Super Shox?

A: Super Shox are gas assist mono tube shocks built using similar internal parts as our high performance line of racing shocks.

So gas charged shocks not emulsion shocks.
All coil over shocks , emulsion , separated and remote reservoir shocks are gas charged , but it is an emulsion shock . Bmusg , you can call me what you want , I really don't care , am I a fan of Howard's ? Yes . Why , because I have used Progressive 940 shocks , Ricor , JRi , Ohlins #3's and #6's and he has given me the best service and the best shocks of anyone I've dealt with , so in other words he's earned my business . How many different brands and models of shocks have you used so we can judge your experience .

Old 06-29-2015, 05:25 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's nice to see a new contender in the Harley shock market, one that is Made in the USA.

One thing that most people overlook is that all of these high performance shocks will need to be replaced or rebuilt after 25-55,000 miles as they do wear out. I believe the fork cartridges also need rebuilding.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 07-01-2015 at 08:41 AM. Reason: cleaning thread
Old 06-29-2015, 06:39 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Tim,

You've had good luck and good service from Howard at Motorcycle Metal, no doubt.

I need to measure the swing arms of new frame bikes and compare the length and shock mount points to the older frame. It seems as though the spring recommendations for the newer frame and old frame may need to be different.

Back to the original topic,

It's nice to see a new contender in the Harley shock market, one that is Made in the USA.

One thing that most people overlook is that all of these high performance shocks will need to be replaced or rebuilt after 25-55,000 miles as they do wear out. I believe the fork cartridges also need rebuilding.
I hope you truthfully get your shocks sorted out , if you lived closer I'd help you , the Ohlins 357 truthfully is a great ride , I totally believe a few have not experienced that , but I know something is not right to cause that being adjustment , spring rate or installation , good luck and hope it all works out for you in the end

Old 06-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
All coil over shocks , emulsion , separated and remote reservoir shocks are gas charged , but it is an emulsion shock . Bmusg , you can call me what you want , I really don't care , am I a fan of Howard's ? Yes . Why , because I have used Progressive 940 shocks , Ricor , JRi , Ohlins #3's and #6's and he has given me the best service and the best shocks of anyone I've dealt with , so in other words he's earned my business . How many different brands and models of shocks have you used so we can judge your experience .
Well..the difference is that I never made a comparison between two things I haven't owned. (I don't see an Ohlins emulsion on your impressive list). By the way, I have no problem with Ohlins shocks. They are missing a few features that I would like to have on my Touring bike but I've never **** talked them or had any doubt that they make a quality product. The fact that Fuel Moto has the S36Es for less than $600 would be a plus for me as well.

Quick Reply: SuperShox