Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperShox

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Howard bad mouths everyone in the shock industry including Ohlins saying they send him shocks assembled with defective parts and he has to rebuild them right out of the box. By discrediting everyone he has discredited himself, IMO.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 07-01-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: cleaning thread but this line needs to stay for now
Old 06-29-2015, 08:11 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmusg
Well..the difference is that I never made a comparison between two things I haven't owned. (I don't see an Ohlins emulsion on your impressive list). By the way, I have no problem with Ohlins shocks. They are missing a few features that I would like to have on my Touring bike but I've never **** talked them or had any doubt that they make a quality product. The fact that Fuel Moto has the S36Es for less than $600 would be a plus for me as well.
I never made a comparison either , if you read my first post I said for the money I'd buy the Ohlins emulsion shock which is less money and proven , they have been out for years and have many favorable reviews on them posted in this forum , I never compared the two , and I have riden bikes with the Ohlins #2 (S36E) shocks on them so I an familiar with how they ride , also I never mentioned a vendor in my first thread YOU brought up vendors , I understand many have had great experiences dealing with Howard , some have not and I'm ok with that , what I don't think is fair is I know several members who have bought from Fuel Moto and had issues and they offered no help just simply said call Ohlins and yet these people have asked me for help and I've tried to help them and yet they never post about their lack of service from Fuel Moto because people would jump all over them , and yet if Howard does something someone doesn't like he is fair game , this seems like a double standard to me

Last edited by tj316; 06-29-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:13 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
The adjustment and thread engagement of the preload adjuster sucks on the set I have. The nuts squeak badly on the shock body when turned and the machined surface of the nut threads seems to gall. I lubed the shock threads and nuts with graphite but really... Seeing I have to adjust these every time I add a 125 to 145 pound passenger or bust a kidney riding solo I'm pretty sick of the preload design/machining.

As far as install goes, the width of my frame and swingarm are exactly equal and the vertical alignment was perfect. Did everything listed in the JRI, Ohlins and Howards instructions and the springs still rub the shock bodies.
Are there any motorcycle rally's around you that Ohlins will be at , it's hard figuring it out without being there in person , I'd try going to a rally and let them look at them on your bike and see if they can help

Last edited by tj316; 06-29-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:14 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

I didn't see the price on there site, but received an e-mail back, $629.00, was hoping for a little better price, Also couldn't find them at the where to buy places listed. But could just be me, I won't knock anything till i try it, or hear from a reliable source. I know little about shocks, except the stock air ones have a lot to be desired, so always looking tnx for the link

Old 06-30-2015, 07:28 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Where are Ohlins shocks being manufactured now?

Supershok are Made in USA!

Last edited by skypilot_one; 07-01-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:13 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Just ordered a pair of SuperShox for $629.00 plus shipping. They are NOT emulsified. They have an internal gas reservoir like the $955 dollar HD159 or Howards #3 shocks starting at $1007.19.
The preload nut threads are o ring sealed to keep crap out of them. All parts are made in USA and or purchased from US vendors (shims and seals) meeting the made in USA designation.

I will install these and we'll see how the ride quality and handling compare to Ohlins top of the line shocks. I know they will be much easier to adjust. We'll see if they can handle a bump in the middle of a dipping and rising corner without wollowing and still suck up bumps and holes in the horrible roads around here... Should have a rode test by Friday.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 06-30-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Pricing
Old 06-30-2015, 09:31 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,401 Likes on 4,012 Posts

Just ordered a pair of SuperShox for $629.00 plus shipping. They are NOT emulsified. They have an internal gas reservoir like the $955 dollar HD159 or Howards #3 shocks starting at $1007.19.
The preload nut threads are o ring sealed to keep crap out of them. All parts are made in USA and or purchased from US vendors (shims and seals) meeting the made in USA designation.

I will install these and we'll see how the ride quality and handling compare to Ohlins top of the line shocks. I know they will be much easier to adjust. We'll see if they can handle a bump in the middle of a dipping and rising corner without wollowing and still suck up bumps and holes in the horrible roads around here... Should have a rode test by Friday.

Cool... I look forward to your review

Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

I purchased my Ohlins from Cycle Solutions. When I told them about the problems I had and sent videos of the tolerances they said they offered a full refund. I've been dealing with these things trying to make them work.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Looking forward to the review, thanks for posting.
Can you tweak the avatar to have Her turn around and walk back?

Old 06-30-2015, 10:14 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

I purchased my Ohlins from Cycle Solutions. When I told them about the problems I had and sent videos of the tolerances they said they offered a full refund. I've been dealing with these things trying to make them work.
Skypilot I was not referring to you , I've had several emails from members who bought shocks from Fuel Moto and were not happy and couldn't get any service from them asking for my help which I gladly gave , but yet they wouldn't post their experience buying from them because they stated to many people would turn on them , again this is a double standard

Quick Reply: SuperShox