Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperShox

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 01:21 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SuperShox

From the website:

"Winning is a habit. Super Shox has been pushing the boundaries of sprint car and midget shock refinement and durability for over 17 years. We have been in the winner’s circle 1,000’s of times, leading to over 75 major championships!
Our mission is to surpass your expectations of performance and durability every lap or every mile. The experienced Super Shox staff uses precision CNC machines to craft each part according to their strict quality requirements. Each shock is built to exact custom specifications giving our customers leading edge shocks.
In our latest offering, we are using our championship-winning experience and applying it to the ultimate shocks for Harley-Davidson motorcycles; setting the new standard in comfort, stability and control!
We are proud to say all of our shock components are manufactured and hand-assembled at our Grayslake, Illinois facility. When you ride or race with Super Shox you know you are getting the highest quality shock Made in the USA."

These Harley specific shocks have 3" of travel, one, hand adjustable preload adjustment, a 30 day money back guaranty and lifetime defect warranty. We all need options

Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great videos of their shocks working on real roads, not a smooth test track!

http://supershox.com/motorcycle-shoc...vidson/videos/

Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

This is a simple coil over emulsion shock . For $629 I'd much rather buy the Ohlins emulsion shock which has a proven track record and is less than $600 . Depending on ones budget a coil over separated shock would be a better choice but more money.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:14 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

IBTL. Thanks for posting...

Old 06-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
This is a simple coil over emulsion shock . For $629 I'd much rather buy the Ohlins emulsion shock which has a proven track record and is less than $600 . Depending on ones budget a coil over separated shock would be a better choice but more money.
Cool, now that we got the "I've never even seen one but Ohlins must be better post" in. Maybe this thread will live.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:41 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Video's look impressive, How did you find the price, not on the site

Old 06-28-2015, 09:58 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
Originally Posted by Bmusg
Cool, now that we got the "I've never even seen one but Ohlins must be better post" in. Maybe this thread will live.

Hmmm.. gotta disagree... I believe tj316's post was very informative.

I know about the differences between an emulsified, a separated, and a remote reservoir shock, but didn't know whether this was an emulsified or separated shock. I can't tell by looking at them, but I believe tj316 can...

If it is, in fact, an emulsified shock, then tj316's comments are certainly pertinent and he makes a good suggestion.

Isn't that what a forum is all about?

I like to hear pros & cons to products discussed, not just the cheerleaders waving their pom poms.....

As far as the videos go, they show what should be the goal of any premium shock when compared to an OEM shock.

It certainly shows that the Super Shox is superior to OEM. But.... I believe there are numerous premium shocks that would show the same kind of difference if put through the same test.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Hmmm.. gotta disagree... I believe tj316's post was very informative.

I know about the differences between an emulsified, a separated, and a remote reservoir shock, but didn't know whether this was an emulsified or separated shock. I can't tell by looking at them, but I believe tj316 can...

If it is, in fact, an emulsified shock, then tj316's comments are certainly pertinent and he makes a good suggestion.

Isn't that what a forum is all about?

I like to hear pros & cons to products discussed, not just the cheerleaders waving their pom poms.....

As far as the videos go, they show what should be the goal of any premium shock when compared to an OEM shock.

It certainly shows that the Super Shox is superior to OEM. But.... I believe there are numerous premium shocks that would show the same kind of difference if put through the same test.
If you're opposed to one sided cheerleading, I would suggest steering clear of any shock threads. Particularly those joined by the O fanboys.

Imagine we were talking about a new cam and someone said "Well I've never seen one, don't know anyone that has 'em, I haven't seen a dyno chart but... my buddy that's smarter than me and sells Woods says Woods are better. He saw a picture of one on the internet." The fact that he may be right doesn't make his statement any less ridiculous.

I'm not cheerleading anything. Mostly hoping that an interesting looking product not be *hit talked right out of the gate by those with no basis for their "comparison".

Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmusg
If you're opposed to one sided cheerleading, I would suggest steering clear of any shock threads. Particularly those joined by the O fanboys.

Imagine we were talking about a new cam and someone said "Well I've never seen one, don't know anyone that has 'em, I haven't seen a dyno chart but... my buddy that's smarter than me and sells Woods says Woods are better. He saw a picture of one on the internet." The fact that he may be right doesn't make his statement any less ridiculous.

I'm not cheerleading anything. Mostly hoping that an interesting looking product not be *hit talked right out of the gate by those with no basis for their "comparison".
We'll just have to agree to disagree..... and I certainly didn't read any *hit talking about this product.... just an opinion based on someone's experience

You are the only one getting all spun up over this.

You seem to have your panties in a bunch over the "O fanboys".... sorry, I didn't realize you had seen, inspected, and rode both and know what's up, while us uninformed are just guessing....

your experience is noted...

Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 AM
w10642
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Per the Super Shox website:
What style of shock are Super Shox?

A: Super Shox are gas assist mono tube shocks built using similar internal parts as our high performance line of racing shocks.

So gas charged shocks not emulsion shocks.

Quick Reply: SuperShox