Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I'll chime in...

I am a stereo snob and really seek out clarity/quality over just plain ol' loud
When you get both, then you have nailed it.

So...

On my 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom I spent a lot and did Rockford Fosgate amp and 6 Focal speakers in the fairing, including 2 6" down in the fairing pointed inward with a fader to balance the dash speakers and the lowers.
--This system was incredible and took 3 tries to get it right.
--One try was Biketronics and they sounded horrible to me...
.... maybe I just had a bad install on that.

Then, I had to sell that bike.

Now, I just got a new 2015 RGS and added the Boom Stage II amp and Stage II speakers.
After I had to have the proper download re-done the system came to life...

I can tell you, this system is very near the quality and power of my other one, and half the cost, with full warranty.

Many people (myself too!) would NEVER touch the Boom stuff, but this time I just wanted a basic upgrade at the purchase date and decided to use an iPod for long rides with earbuds.

I am overjoyed with the quality of the stereo and really wish folks who complain could hear mine and tell me I am wrong.

There is no way you guys would complain if you heard mine.

I really think there is a "download" problem internally that makes these stereos sound flat and dead.

MINE WAS HORRIBLE before I went in and complained and they re-downloaded whatever it is they do...

So, hope that helps. If you can find someone with a happy Stage II Boom set-up, check it out. For the $$, I think it is a good choice.

Certainly aftermarket options can take you farther, but my experience with an incredible aftermarket set-up was that-- on the highway at 80 mph, any good stereo will sound very similar.

The rest is all bravado in the parking lot.

Been there, done that.

Find a guy like me with a proper set-up Boom Stage II and see if it is sufficient for you.
I am very happy with mine, but did have to solve it after the first install which sounded like crap and certainly validated the negative reviews...

Hope that helps.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts

Another vote for Biketronics Titan II upgrade. Biketronics is about the only place to get them, and they have a lifetime warranty. I blew one up, and sent them both in. They gave me 2 new ones. They sound great too. Don't do Hogtunes. You won't be happy. You can do a whole lot better than Hogtunes.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Impala_ss
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have heard Biketronics setups and they sound great. How does the Titan II sound with the stock head unit on the pre Rushmore bikes? I went with Hogtunes not because it was the best, but because it fit my needs and was a good value for the price. Amp, speakers, and wiring kit for under $300. I know they did an upgrade to the kit. My newer setup sounded better than the previous setup. Enough for me but not going to compete in any contests with the big boys!