Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:58 PM
flex58
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing speakers

My OEM fairing speakers are cracked, has anyone tried Blauplunkt? Open to suggestions. Thanks

Old 07-01-2015, 11:11 PM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You're going to get alot of different suggestions on here. The important thing is to avoid the Harley Boom! Speakers, they're junk.

I'f you want to direct swap speakers, your options are limited to low power 2ohm speakers, since the stock head unit has a really weak output,and you'll have to get adapters rings if you want to install 6.5" speakers.

If you want truly better sound, you'll need to get a compact amplifier and some decent 4ohm speakers. Alot of folks on here use Rockford Fosgate PBR300 amps and infiniti kappa speakers (I think 62.11I)

If money's no issue, biketronics makes some custom high end speaker/amp kits designed specifically to be easily installed in Harleys. They're costly, but they use high end speakers and have a lifetime warranty
Www.biketronics.com

Last edited by sbeast; 07-01-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:04 AM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ries/TS-D1602R

And that PBR Fosgate amp

All day

Last edited by tonymontanna1983; 07-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:32 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

How deep are your pockets and how much sound do u want.. If u want a cheap but good set up as stated above the Pbr300x2 and kappas r a good way to go. It's an easy installation and good upgrade, add an aftermarket HU to it and it's even better.. Head over to the audio section and read till ur eyes bleed.. I'm gonna have a pbr amp for sale soon if ur interested send me a pm

Old 07-02-2015, 05:49 AM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

its nice everyone tells you the kind of speakers to use but one very important point is being missed. ever plan or think you will get caught in the rain ? yea I said it rain. your fairing is not water tight no matter what you might think or get told. your stock speakers are marine speakers. this is why companies like j&m and cycle sound and hogtunes are around. to give you a better then stock option with better sound in the same area as stock. you can have any kind of speakers put in your bike you want anywhere you want. kicker is good blaupunk use to make the best 6 by 9's back in the day not sure now.
speakers no matter what are gonna be what you think sounds best. I have j&m speakers in my bike I just wish I put in an amp but im to busy buying stuff like wheels

Last edited by mainboom150; 07-02-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Many people run aftermarket speakers without any concern of rain, myself included. Biketronic products all carry a lifetime warranty if it's a concern for you. For around $300 you can get the Rockford Fosgate PBR amp, Infinity 62.11i speakers, and a pair of 6.5 speaker adapters. This is a common upgrade that many folks use and are happy with. As already mentioned, there is an audio section in the tech portion of the forum. Read up on it over there

Old 07-02-2015, 07:33 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the HD upgrade speakers and the HD amp that was factory equipment in the 2012-2013 CVO's. Won't argue as to whether there is something better or not, but this setup is very adequate. Good sound at higher volumes, plenty loud and designed for the weather. This stuff is specifically designed to work with the factory radio.

On my 2005 Classic I had HogTunes and the wife had the same on her StreetGlide. These are very good speakers with a great warranty and customer service. Don't know how their amps intergrate with the factory radio.

If you go with any of the aftermarket radios you are going to lose your CB, if that is something that matters to you. You will also lose your radio interface with a 660 or 665 Garmin Roadtech if you happen to use one of those.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 07-02-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do yourself a favor and call Bill at Biketronics. You wont be disappointed with the customer service or the performance of the speakers...

Old 07-02-2015, 11:18 AM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

As far as quality goes, marine-grade speakers are recommended, but the vast majority of folks use standard speakers and have no issues with them getting wet. Only really cheap speakers with cardboard cones are at a big risk, and assuming you put the speaker grills over them, they won't get wet enough to do any damage.

Do some searches on this forum and in the audio section, you'll find lots of info on the topic

Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
FatboysFatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RF Renegade

These are inexpensive and sound great. Been thru the speaker drill several times. I have the PBR300x2 amp and these speakers sound as good or better that the Polk DXIs or the Hogtunes I blew out.

Quick Reply: Fairing speakers