Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody using these bars on glide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:25 AM
LRS
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Anybody using these bars on glide?

I'm thinking of putting these on my 2006 ultra classic. Anyone used them?

Old 07-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

I have similar bars (LA Chopper PrimeApe 10") and they're much better than stock. Looks like an awesome price, but need to ensure 10" is your fit (e.g. comfortable riding position). Also, no matter what others say, you'll need to swap the clutch cable...re-routing through frame still doesn't provide enough slack and you'll slip during hard-Left turns due to cable tension. Good luck, choose well and let us know how the deal goes.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:44 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep I used those on my 06 SG and loved them. They measure out like a 12" I had enuff cable and wire length but ran the clutch cable outside the fairing and plugged the hole with a cheap black hole plug from local hardware shop.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:34 PM
LRS
Tourer

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
Yep I used those on my 06 SG and loved them. They measure out like a 12" I had enuff cable and wire length but ran the clutch cable outside the fairing and plugged the hole with a cheap black hole plug from local hardware shop.
Cool. That's probably the route that I will go.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep, those are the bars I used on my '14 SGS last year. 8" Namz wire extensions and about 3 hrs time $145 total, brake and clutch lines had plenty of slack to take up. You'll probably have to change mirrors though.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody  using these bars on glide?-image.jpg  
Old 07-05-2015, 12:31 PM
LRS
Tourer

I just took mine apart. Going to repaint the inner fairing. I have plenty of slack on my wires. I believe I can reroute the throttle cables and have plenty of slack. Clutch cable will probably be OK it I run it outside the fairing. If I put it back inside I will probably have to change it. The only thing that looks like it will be tight is the brake line. How are you guys getting slack out of it?

Old 07-05-2015, 12:43 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh yea, on the '14 & up the brake line is different and all rubber up the bars, I can see in your pic your steel brake line has no extra, your probably going to have to modify it or buy an extended line.

You got a great start on it already I see., good work your painted fairing will be cool I bet.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:17 AM
LRS
Tourer

Thanks. I have the bars ordered and a one piece handlebar clamp. I will probably just run the clutch cable outside the fairing. I'm hoping I can make a few careful bends and make the brake line work. I may run the wiring inside the bars if they are long enough. They have alot of slack. One mystery of my bike is now solved. I bought this bike used and ever since I have owned it, if I ride in rain, or wash it, it has always dripped muddy water on front fender. Well, it had the biggest dirtdobber nest in history inside the inner fairing. Problem solved!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 AM
LRS
Tourer

The only reason I'm painting the inner fairing is it is faded on the top edges. I'm just going back with it close to original. One of my Bros is in the paint & body business. He's putting some adhesive activator on it and painting it with some black bumper and trim paint.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:56 AM
LRS
Tourer

Helped a buddy repaint my faded inner faring and lower switch shroud. Turned out great. Bars and clamp should be here by end of week. I will mach fit everything and see if I need to replace clutch cable or brake line at that time.

Quick Reply: Anybody using these bars on glide?