Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, just installed 10" LA Chopper handlebars, no throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:18 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by geopac
Sorry I did not know how to pull the codes but just checked online on how to do this. Do these make sense ECM 4 BCM 4 SPDO 4 ABS 4 RAD N?
I don't know the codes , but you can clear them through the speedometer , I posted in your other thread also.
I don't know the procedure right off , at work , but should be In the owners manual.
The green plug is super fragile and very few have luck pulling it through the bars without it breaking
Good luck sounds like you have it going your way.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:28 AM
geopac
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I figured out how to check the codes. They are P1510, P2122 and P2138. Are these safe to clear? If so how do you clear them? I hold down the button on the code until it says CLEAR but they do not go away. Do you need to turn on the bike for awhile?

Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Juan-The-Human
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I figured out how to check the codes. They are P1510, P2122 and P2138. Are these safe to clear? If so how do you clear them? I hold down the button on the code until it says CLEAR but they do not go away. Do you need to turn on the bike for awhile?
they are not clearing because you are still having an issue with TCA and/or the TBW Plug.

The only other possibility is that you may have to disconnect plug behind the air cleaner, spray it with electrical contact cleaner, apply a very light coat of dielectric grease, and reconnect.

However, it is most likely that the codes are being caused by mismatched voltage (0-5v) from your TBW-TCA. Even if the green plug appears to be intact on its exterior, the slightest concussive stress and/or twisting, crushing etc will cause its internal pins to misalign and fail, thus causing your codes.

I bet you a Ham Sandwich your most likely resolution would be to replace the "Green Gremlin" with the HD Extended TBW/TCA Assembly. $105 and a few tears...

Hope it all works out for you.

Ride Safe and Ride Often. Rubber Side Down. Over and out.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I'm not certain of the procedure on the 15s but I'm sure it's close to the same as mine. Each code has to be cleared individually. When you find the code and get to where the screen reads "clear", turn the ignition off. Then go through the same procedure for the rest of the codes. You stated before that the check engine light stays on while your riding so that tells me that these codes are current. Only way to know is when you clear the code, when you go back in to check the codes again and that same code is still there, it's logging it as soon as the ignition us turned on. Go ahead and try it for your own piece of mind but we've already told you what the problem is my friend. It's up to you what you do with the information you've asked for. Keep us posted.

2010 Limited with some stuff

Old 07-08-2015, 11:35 AM
geopac
Cruiser

Yeah I started another post about it and that seems to be the overwhelmingly response. Bike is going on for service on Monday anyways I am going to bite the bullet and let them deal with it. Tried to save some bucks to begin with and it may end up costing me more.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:36 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah I started another post about it and that seems to be the overwhelmingly response. Bike is going on for service on Monday anyways I am going to bite the bullet and let them deal with it. Tried to save some bucks to begin with and it may end up costing me more.
It's a simple fix brother. You've came this far with it. Don't wuss out now.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:37 PM
geopac
Cruiser

Ha Ha peer group pressure I love it.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:21 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Something tells me your gonna take it to the dealer anyway.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:21 AM
geektoad
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan-The-Human
they are not clearing because you are still having an issue with TCA and/or the TBW Plug.

The only other possibility is that you may have to disconnect plug behind the air cleaner, spray it with electrical contact cleaner, apply a very light coat of dielectric grease, and reconnect.

However, it is most likely that the codes are being caused by mismatched voltage (0-5v) from your TBW-TCA. Even if the green plug appears to be intact on its exterior, the slightest concussive stress and/or twisting, crushing etc will cause its internal pins to misalign and fail, thus causing your codes.

I bet you a Ham Sandwich your most likely resolution would be to replace the "Green Gremlin" with the HD Extended TBW/TCA Assembly. $105 and a few tears...

Hope it all works out for you.

Ride Safe and Ride Often. Rubber Side Down. Over and out.
Does anyone have this part number handy?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:32 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

32310-08

Quick Reply: Help, just installed 10" LA Chopper handlebars, no throttle response