Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:50 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default *Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*

Searched and searched on forum... alot of talk on bars and alot of old treads as well. With what's out there right now and current pricing what are suggestions on cheap 10" mini apes... $150 would be great. I prefer black and with "peaks" but not married to either of those requirements. Mainly want cheap 10" bars and most important to me is no clutch or brake cable change.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:21 PM
87gtNOS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salty_rider
Searched and searched on forum... alot of talk on bars and alot of old treads as well. With what's out there right now and current pricing what are suggestions on cheap 10" mini apes... $150 would be great. I prefer black and with "peaks" but not married to either of those requirements. Mainly want cheap 10" bars and most important to me is no clutch or brake cable change.

I searched and searched for cheap 'peaks'....didn't find any, and settled on LaChoppers 10" FL Apes (cheap)...which due to width (40.5") will need a cable and longer hose.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Chief21
Cruiser

I have a '13 and just installed Khrome Werks 10" Bagger Bobber Bars. Got them thru Dennis Kirk for $84 shipped. I had to re route the clutch cable so it runs behind the radio bracket and loosen and reposition the brake line. I did not internally wire them, too small diameter - 1". The wiring was plenty long and I was still able to use the factory retainers on the radio bracket. Had to ditch the fairing mirrors, my hands were directly in front of them. I think they measure like 35" wide. So far I am loving them. Had to loosen and pull them back just a little after riding for the first time. Went for a 100+ mile ride today and no more shoulder or wrist pain.

Attached Thumbnails *Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*-image-3134242877.jpg   *Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*-image-3960597995.jpg   *Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*-image-385150681.jpg  

Last edited by Chief21; 07-06-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 PM
LRS
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief21
I have a '13 and just installed Khrome Werks 10" Bagger Bobber Bars. Got them thru Dennis Kirk for $84 shipped. I had to re route the clutch cable so it runs behind the radio bracket and loosen and reposition the brake line. I did not internally wire them, too small diameter - 1". The wiring was plenty long and I was still able to use the factory retainers on the radio bracket. Had to ditch the fairing mirrors, my hands were directly in front of them. I think they measure like 35" wide. So far I am loving them. Had to loosen and pull them back just a little after riding for the first time. Went for a 100+ mile ride today and no more shoulder or wrist pain.
Looks good!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:35 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

Chief those bars are perfect price and look great! Can you please confirm that nothing other than bars were purchased to install? ie.. tbw extensions, clutch, brake, turn signals wires, plug, etc... Also with extensions do they seem like they are pulling anything TOO tight when turning? I want these because with my new seat I'm lock armed strait out and want 10" to roll back and gain 2" from stock bars. Thanks in advance

Old 07-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Chief21
Cruiser

I bought nothing except for the bars from DK and new stock handle bar mounted mirrors from the dealer. The wires were long enough. If you are worried about them you could always re route the wiring harness where they hook to the radio bracket and not hook them back to the stock location. I reused the stock TBW sensor. Guess im one of the lucky ones, pulled it out, unplugged it and pulled the harness out of the stock bars. I did have to cut the plug for the heated grips off to get it back in, but no biggie for me. The clutch cable I had to pull it back thru the inner fairing, reroute it under and behind the radio bracket and back thur the hole in the inner. Also cut the zip tie off the right down tube on the frame and retied it on the left tube.

The only thing I could think of that might be different between the two is the year difference. Im not fimiliar with what goes on under the fairings, but I would think they would be the same. The ont thing I did do that i probably didnt have to do was take out the radio. I think there would have been plenty of room to get at the zip ties on the bars for the wiring and the brake line once you rotate the fairing forward.

Last edited by Chief21; 07-06-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Tooltech
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out Khrome werks +2 narrow sweeper, or 2+2 narrow sweeper?
2" additional pull back, or 2" back and 2" up.

http://www.khromewerks.com/SWEEPER-B...1029-1277.html

Old 07-06-2015, 10:41 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

Chief I went to dennis to buy and great deal BUT out of stock now.. damn

Old 07-06-2015, 10:46 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by salty_rider
Chief I went to dennis to buy and great deal BUT out of stock now.. damn
For 10's a +4 clutch cable is a given unless you want to jackleg it come on LOL!

Last edited by acchd; 07-06-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:33 PM
salty_rider
Tourer

Also cheif... part number to find on other site? Found one but doesn't say works with tbw

Quick Reply: *Cheap* 10" mini apes for 09 streetglide?? *NO new clutch/brake line*