Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Clean out - This is whats in my 'wallet'

Old 07-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Saddlebag Clean out - This is whats in my 'wallet'

cJust for fun, I thought I would post this up so you everyone can have something new to point and laugh at.

I have another trip planned this weekend and the weather is calling for 50% rain on two of the days that I am riding so I figured it was time to upgrade the rain gear. I got the HD High Viz two piece suit but now I have to get this thing in the saddlebag.

I got it rolled up and into it's carry bag

So now I have to get this bag... into this saddlebag...

My Right or Throttle side saddlebag is basically my junk drawer. It has all my essentials in it and then some. My left saddlebag is always kept empty as thats the bag that my removable liner goes into. When I am riding to work, it has my laptop and a change of clothes. If its the weekend, it's usually a bag of clothes, flip flops and a bottle of whiskey.

This is the saddlebag before the start of cleanup.

This is what was just in the Top Shelf tray.
Spare phone that is just used as an iPod now, used when my other one overheats. Refills of butane fluid, Flashlight, two cigar cutters, two lighters, 3 bottle openers, hand sanitizer, sun block, sunglass cleaner, misc screw drivers, allen wrenches and multi-tool. Garage door clicker. Spare AA Batteries and spare fuses and tester/puller.

What I got it down too

The rest of the saddlebag before cleanup. Old Rain suit (liner for my mesh jacket), Gris Gris Bag, Soft Tool Kit roll, iPhone holder, air gauge, disc lock, kick stand thing, toilet paper, CaviWipes, Can and bottle coozies, rags, cigar case, sunglass case, clear googles case, hat, and something in a sandwich bag that I forgot what it was.

After cleanup and adding the new rain suit.

Everything back in the saddlebag and I pretty much have the same amount of free space that I did before!

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 07-16-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Geez ... I thought my wife's purse was bad ... and you didn't find any money ??? :>)

Old 07-16-2015, 08:21 PM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks almost like mine. I even have a flashlight in my saddlebag.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:34 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Well now you almost have room for that giant wooden ***** you have in your garage!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:34 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's what I call a "bug out" saddlebag.

Old 07-16-2015, 08:49 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

No first aid kit?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:58 PM
ROOFTOP SPECIAL
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a cigar guy myself but do I see TWO cutters, both of the guillotine variety? I see one exposed and what appears to be a Xikar in a case? You mind my friend are an addict

ETA: Didn't look at the captions before my response. I totally called the two cigar cutters. Still two cigar cutters after the thinning too, total die hard! I have actually started using a V-cutter. I definitely prefer it over all other cutters.

Last edited by ROOFTOP SPECIAL; 07-16-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:37 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

dawg
That damn ***** has caused me more hurt than... wait.. this isn't coming out right. I almost had a second one but better senses finally kicked in. That and I wouldn't have a place to put it. Damn it... that doesn't sound right either.

d-streetglidr
I do carry a modified First Aid in my Tour Pack that is usually on the bike when I am travelling out of town.

ROOFTOP SPECIAL
Nice eye. The Xikar, the Zippo (has a butane insert) and the cigar case I will move between this bike, the cop bike and the jeep... which ever I am riding/driving in at the time. Those three items are always with me. I will notice that I am not carrying those items before the fact that I am not carrying my 1911. My go to smoke is a Romeo y Julieta Aniversario in a Churchill... no point in setting fire to something that you can't sit back and enjoy watching it burn. ... WAIT. Not that I am pyro or something, I just enjoy cigars. Yea... thats the ticket.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:47 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

The gris gris bag is essential.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Just went through my bags for an upcoming trip in 6 days, 19 hours, and 7 minutes. My right bag looks very similar to yours. I pulled everything out, and one by one, put things back in that I knew I needed. Everything went back in the bag, and then some ........ my left bag however only contains one thing.

A fluffy down comforter.

Every single time I go to the Black Hills, I get caught in a hail storm. So the comforter is in my left bag, and can be pulled out and thrown over the bike at a moments notice.

Clothes and other stuff goes in a nice leather touring bag.

I do have to ask........ 3 bottle openers?

Last edited by shooter5074; 07-17-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saddlebag Clean out - This is whats in my 'wallet'