Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF???? CFR's?????

Old 07-17-2015, 02:21 AM
R.Canales
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default WTF???? CFR's?????

Ok, here's an update to a previous thread I started about CFR's. I finally picked some up and slapped them on in minutes. Fired up the bike and was utterly disappointed. All I kept hearing was how bad *** they are, loudest and deepest roar on the market, and to some they are to loud that your buddies won't want to ride behind you, etc,etc... Well maybe mine are defective, because they are none of those things. In fact they were just slightly louder than my stock pipes. I will agree they have a really nice low tone that I do like but loud they are not. I really want these to be everything I heard about. What do I need to do to get these things to "roar".
My bike is 100% completely stock

Old 07-17-2015, 02:28 AM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If your head pipes are stock they need replaced. The stock head pipe has a cat, that's what's killin the sound and volume.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:41 AM
R.Canales
Tourer

I figured they were a little restricting, but not that much. Did you ever have your CFR's on with stock header? How do you like your Rush's? If you had to choose all over again would you go with the Rush's again?

Old 07-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Dguy
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm not to sure who told you that CFR's were "the loudest roar"? They are extremely popular for just the opposite.....a very nice, deep, throaty sound that is louder than stock but will not blow out your eardrums. There are pipes that will do that but I never would have used that term to describe CFR's. I have RC's and I like them but the CFR's are a great sound as well. If you don't like em...sell em. people will gobble them up ! and go buy a set of Bub's or something similar if you want loud....

Old 07-17-2015, 04:47 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Sound is subjective.. I got some knock off earlier this year and couldn't stand the sound, had them on for maybe 15 miles and sold them.. They were loud but the sound was just weird to me

Old 07-17-2015, 04:57 AM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Like the Rush duals, ceramic coated cuts way down in heat. If I needed new exhaust I would buy the same setup as I have. I've tried a lot of mufflers and nothing sounds like a CFR.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:00 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Sound is subjective.. I got some knock off earlier this year and couldn't stand the sound, had them on for maybe 15 miles and sold them.. They were loud but the sound was just weird to me
Yep, had a set of Knock Offs on my '05 RK... had Fullsac True Dual conversion rear pipe "Y pipe eliminator"... Knock Offs sounded great at idle,, going down the road it made my bike sound like a Honda Del Sol with a Coffee can muffler...

Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam D.
Yep, had a set of Knock Offs on my '05 RK... had Fullsac True Dual conversion rear pipe "Y pipe eliminator"... Knock Offs sounded great at idle,, going down the road it made my bike sound like a Honda Del Sol with a Coffee can muffler...
Sounds about right.. I have a lengthy thread describing the sound.. They have a differ sound at idle, cruise speed, and full throttle.. It wasn't like any other pipe I've had that kind of maintains the same sound but gets progressively louder.. The knock offs had all different kinds of sounds goin on.. The guy that bought them from me likes them tho.. I ran mine with true duals and a pv

Old 07-17-2015, 01:16 PM
R.Canales
Tourer

Wait, so they are not loud? That's all I kept hearing about them. To me the best sounding pipe I've heard is a V&H pro pipe on my buddies 07 Fat Boy. It has a deep, hollow, muscle car with a flow master, sound to it. Only I like the dual exhaust look. I'm looking for a loud, deep tone. What is out there?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:34 PM
newmanb138
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You want loud and deep, Dresser duals(any true dual) and the V&H 450 oversized slip ons. Obviously sound is subjective, but they are very deep and just get louder through the RPM's. Never get raspy loud (I hate that sound personally). To me it sounds mean as hell when you get on it. I had RC components 4" and liked them, but the 450's are much deeper and throaty. They are exactly what I wanted. I have had 2 people at bike nights ask if they were CFR's from the sound. Obviously these are all my opinions so take it for what its worth.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF???? CFR's?????