Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing For Road King

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Iron 1250
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Tell me a little more about your bike? I like your seat and that tour pack! Are those speakers in the lower fairings? What upgrades did you do to the speakers, amp and etc????
Many thanks Blue Tick. The seat is a Drag Specialties item with their back rest, have a look on their website or the Fat Book. I had a painter I have worked with for many years paint the pale gold 'Road King' script from a stencil I had made from a front fender badge. This is color matched to the pale gold pinstripping on the bike. The blue stitching on the seat was a fluke.

The tour pack I brought off ebay for under a $100 I think then I had the painter colour match to the bike along with the pin stripping again. The painting was several times over the cost of the tour pack.

They are speakers in lower fairings check out my write up of the process under the audio section search 'Biketronics Lower Fairings' and it should come up, I just did it then it came up first. The system sounds good, the fairing has Polk 6x9's in it now with a Fusion MS-IP600 headend and a Soundstream Picasso Nano 4.520D amplifier in it.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Mlake
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just added a fairing to my 2013 Road King. I used all OEM parts. It's not detachable, so you have to commit to turning the bike into a Street Glide/ Electra glide. But if you're good at all with a wrench, you should be able to do it yourself in no time. It took me a while, but I could only work on it sporadically over the winter/spring. Plus I added 14" bars, which was the most time consuming part. I will add pics soon.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:30 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Fairing For Road King

Originally Posted by brihvac
Reckless. Good fairings. Horrible customer service. Better hope you don't have an issue; even if its their fault.
I went to the Reckless folks at their tent in Sandusky at Ohio Bike Week. I had a pocket full of cash, and really wanted to do some business with them. They didn't seem to have the time of day for me. My OL and I looked at each other, laughed, and moved on. Took her out for a nice dinner, and spent the rest on hookers and blow. Their loss.

It's a shame - if only they'd wanted to talk to me. . .

Old 07-30-2015, 08:38 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 6X9 Reckless fairing in 2011. I purchased it painted, and when received there was an issue with the paint. After a couple calls and e-mailing a few pics they e-mailed a pick-up label and it went back.

I received the fairing back in about two weeks. The paint was perfect, everything looked great. I did re-drill the mounting brackets to make the fairing sit a little lower and tilt back more, just a minor adjustment.

That was 2011 and since then I have had no problems whatsoever with the fairing. I don't know anything about their quality or customer service now, but they took care of me in 2011.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Sierra
I bought my 6X9 Reckless fairing in 2011. I purchased it painted, and when received there was an issue with the paint.
Same thing happened to me but because I waited a week to unwrap it, and the bubble wrap etched into the paint, they made ME pay for a new paint job and shipping both ways. That painted should have been cured when they shipped it. I checked local shops on repainting and got high prices so I was screwed either way and picked the cheapest option on sending it back. Still should not have had to pay for a repaint. They didn't even cut me a break on it which they should of. If they knew the clear was that soft they should have waited to ship it.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:32 PM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ericl love your paint, I sold my JL and put in 2 of the new moto arc 600s to get my 150 per
OP do you plan on taking it off and on adding a good sound system if so aftermarket if not and you want the stock setup with their gauges. I thought I would ride with it off every now and then when I first bought it, but I only take it off to work on the forks or front end. I think that all that posts here for a aftermarket unit they have will say that is the brand to get. they are all a little different on the inner part speaker size ect. look at what ones you like and think that will work for you now and in the future. There are several here that have done stock hd fairing that are detachable sky is the limit.

Attached Thumbnails Fairing For Road King-fullsizerender15.jpg  
Old 07-31-2015, 09:16 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I've been looking hard at the fairing for my '15 FLHR. I'm waiting on an email/call back from Woody's now. What about the Tsukayu fairings? Anyone know much about them?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:56 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

When I was shopping for one, 8 years ago, I settled on buying a Dragonfly. Of course, there weren't many options then. I just like the quality and materials they used. ABS plastic, instead of fiberglass. They also had a very user friendly set up on their dash. I really liked the stereo options then, along with 6x9 speakers. I'm sure there are double din touch screen options now, aren't there?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:01 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
When I was shopping for one, 8 years ago, I settled on buying a Dragonfly. Of course, there weren't many options then. I just like the quality and materials they used. ABS plastic, instead of fiberglass. They also had a very user friendly set up on their dash. I really liked the stereo options then, along with 6x9 speakers. I'm sure there are double din touch screen options now, aren't there?
Dragonfly is another I am looking at as well. Seems their website is rather confusing, as they have tons of options. Going to give them a call on Monday and get some questions answered.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Dragonfly is another I am looking at as well. Seems their website is rather confusing, as they have tons of options. Going to give them a call on Monday and get some questions answered.
I just looked at their web sight as well. It doesn't look like they have that double din stereo, but, they are still nice. It's actually not too hard to navigate their web sight. Just touch/click on the picture of the Road King, and it takes you to buying options. WARNING though, it gets expensive quick. Reminds me of why I didn't get around to doing it.
These guys do have the large touch screens and 6x9's
http://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairingwithGPS.html
Might be worth a look as well. I really wish, this was my route 6 years ago, instead of selling a paid off, tricked out RK.
Fairing For Road King-image.jpg

Last edited by Bafflingbs; 07-31-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Fairing For Road King