Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:27 AM
blj184
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunes

SERTS or Power Vision?? From all the Google researching and all the info I got from the harley dealer I'm still not decided on which programmer to go with, dealer says SERTS cause obviously that's what they sell and they say piggy back tunes don't offer as many pyromitor, but from my understanding g SERTS marry the ecm and can't remove to install on other bikes and has to be dyno tunes to get full results power vision is what I'm leading to cause it seems more OWNER friendly but is it truly the best???? I like how it has on board gauges but I want the best tunes, I could care less bout a display module telling me pyromitors, do u have to have the bike dyno tune if you use power vision or will it fine tune itself??? My old 07 street glide had a black box race tune but it was never dyno tune and it ran like ****, I don't want to do this twice and I don't want a horrible performance bike either, please point me in right direction.

Is there something I'm not understanding about the pro/cons of both produces????

2015 roadglide all stock for know looking to add d+d pipe, air cleaner and tunes

Just bout the bike on July 4th, just had the 1k maintaince done last week

Old 07-30-2015, 01:49 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

For stage one mods a power vision would be great with just a canned map from someplace like fuel moto.

If you have a modded engine then it's an issue trying to find someone that knows how to dyno tune with a PV.

My PV has been sitting on the shelf for three years because so far I haven't found a good tuner, so I'm using the harley tuner with a crappy dealer dyno tune.

Really either would be fine if you just want to add intake and exhaust, IMO.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:51 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I love my power vision.. Lifetime support from fuel moto doesn't hurt either.. To me the se tuner is like the the Ronco rotisserie cooking thing set it and forget it.. You can do so much with the pv

Old 07-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tunes

Power Vision is not a piggy back tuner. It is a flash turner that updates the ecm. It also "marrys" to the bike but you can buy additional licenses to use on multiple bikes. With that said, depending on your mods, a place like fuel Moto will sell with a canned map based on your mods (or close to it) and you can auto-tune from there. Fuel Moto then offers lifetime support - if you do additional mods they will assist with new maps, etc.

Last edited by Weavr99FLHT; 07-30-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:00 AM
sbbrown
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your in Fort Worth, Go see Steve at GMR performance. One of the best tuners in the business

Old 07-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Cliff R
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My vote is for the PV, that's what we have went to here. Get it from a company who can set you up with a good basic MAP, then educate yourself on how to use the PV and data-log and upgrade the supplied tune by accepting the changes.

Even with the narrow band 02's you can get perfect results in all areas if you take the time to learn how to use the PV. No dyno or outside assistance will be required aside from getting a good basic MAP to work from......Cliff

Old 07-30-2015, 08:09 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff R
My vote is for the PV, that's what we have went to here. Get it from a company who can set you up with a good basic MAP, then educate yourself on how to use the PV and data-log and upgrade the supplied tune by accepting the changes.

Even with the narrow band 02's you can get perfect results in all areas if you take the time to learn how to use the PV. No dyno or outside assistance will be required aside from getting a good basic MAP to work from......Cliff

If you haven't been to DynoJet's site and watched some of the tutorials you should. they show just how easy it is to use:
http://www.dynojet.com/PowerVision/p...on-videos.aspx

Old 07-30-2015, 01:06 PM
blj184
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you request for new power vision tunes from fuel motor is they a charge???

Old 07-30-2015, 01:53 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Power Vision from Fuel Moto.

#1 they are a sponsor

#2 their good at what they do

#3 updates are free

#4 if they fail at the first couple of points....come on here and bitch! Lol!

Jmho......Purchased pv earlier this year. Bike has went thru 2 updates with fuel moto. First, I removed catalytic converter, which requires a new map. Second, a cam change. Which also requires changes to the base map.

Good, responsive, helpful........

Old 07-30-2015, 02:47 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by blj184
When you request for new power vision tunes from fuel motor is they a charge???
No charge, free maps for life. And you will receive them in a day or two tops.

I used them with my PCV:
maps used
stage 1 96"
stage II 96 with TW-555 cams
106, Tw-555, stage II heads

Then I went to a PV from fuel moto and ran their same 106 map as I had on the PCV.

They didn't have any maps for my 120R with cam's last I checked so I have a dealer dyno tune on a SE tuner.